Author Topic: GEO2 by P&H Developments  (Read 3985 times)

Richard Walshaw

• Post Doc
GEO2 by P&H Developments
« on: March 24, 2016, 05:38:58 AM »
Hi All
How many folk have encountered standard blocks manufactured by “P&H developments”? Tim Hopkins ran the probe in Manchester and used to make various blocks under this name – his most popular one was called “GEO2” which I believe was distributed, or at least offered by Cameca.  Am i right? Does this ring any bells? I'd like to get an idea of how widely distributed this block was.

Merry Easter!   
:P 8)

Richard
"Stay out of the black and in the red...there's nothing in this game for two in a bed." - Albert Einstein

Julien

• Professor
  • The truth is out there...
    • Geoloweb - J. Allaz personal website
Re: GEO2 by P&H Developments
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 09:30:30 AM »
Hi Richard,

Paul’s [good, bad and ugly] classification is great, but maybe a more robust approach (“grading” the standard based on some defined criteria) might need to be implemented with the help of the community. Something to discuss at our FIGMAS business meeting at M&M in Columbus OH (end of July). Hope you’ll be present!

About the P&H standards, I personally have no experience with it, but here is their website: http://www.pandhdevelopments.com/

It is likely that the serial “GEO2” is a “custom made” design? On their site, they have two “regular” mount (GP25 for minerals and GP40 for metals) plus a bunch of specific mounts, but the option for building your own.

Beware of the Easter Killer Bunny!

Best,

Julien
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 07:34:20 AM by John Donovan »