Author Topic: Image shift off during PI acquisitions  (Read 4116 times)

Anette von der Handt

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
    • UMN Probelab
Image shift off during PI acquisitions
« on: November 18, 2014, 05:32:16 PM »
Hi John,
We use the image shift (scan on, image shift on) a lot in our lab (JEOL JXA-8900) and usually tune everything to it (peaking, setting-up points/areas).

When I set up a PI run, I choose "Use current instrument conditions" which it executes fine except that it turns off the image shift! It does so for every single map that is programmed (meaning if I have more than one map and I turn image shift on manually for the first map, the software turns it off for the second etc.).

Can you please make that go away :).  I want to keep my image shift.

(Also, any plans to be able to read in different settings like beam current for multiple maps in the future? Right now I only see the option to read in accelerating voltage and the beam diameter).

Thanks!
Anette
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 10:02:01 PM by John Donovan »
Against the dark, a tall white fountain played.

John Donovan

• Administrator
  • Emeritus
  • Other duties as assigned...
    • Probe Software
Re: Image shift off during PI acquisitions
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 10:01:46 PM »
Also, any plans to be able to read in different settings like beam current for multiple maps in the future? Right now I only see the option to read in accelerating voltage and the beam diameter.
We will be adding the ability to set the beam current in PI for Cameca instruments in the next version. Unfortunately, on the JEOL there is no corresponding instrument level function call- one actually has to "diddle" the coarse and fine condenser lenses in software to set the beam current...

Crazy, I know. So, I'll have to think of something clever for Brian to implement in PI... because it gets complicated having to store the beam current calibrations and update them as PFE does.
John J. Donovan, Pres. 
(541) 343-3400

"Not Absolutely Certain, Yet Reliable"