Author Topic: New file with old .mdb  (Read 782 times)

bgarcia

• Professor
New file with old .mdb
« on: July 15, 2020, 04:03:20 PM »
I've just created a new file, and using the Acquire!=>New Sample=>Load File Setup route, I'm loading an older (not that old) .mdb file. In using the new file, I'm getting some odd results, so I was wondering what kind of things aren't carried over when I load an older .mdb into a new file (if any).

John Donovan

• Administrator
  • Emeritus
  • Other duties as assigned...
    • Probe Software
Re: New file with old .mdb
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2020, 08:22:38 PM »
I've just created a new file, and using the Acquire!=>New Sample=>Load File Setup route, I'm loading an older (not that old) .mdb file. In using the new file, I'm getting some odd results, so I was wondering what kind of things aren't carried over when I load an older .mdb into a new file (if any).

Hi Ben,
The older the version of the MDB file, the fewer parameters that are saved.  That said, we haven't added that many new parameters in the last year or so.

You didn't specify version numbers, so it's hard to say what parameters would not get loaded into a new MDB file from your old MDB file. But of course you simply need to look in the usual windows to see what parameter values are specified.
john
John J. Donovan, Pres. 
(541) 343-3400

"Not Absolutely Certain, Yet Reliable"

bgarcia

• Professor
Re: New file with old .mdb
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2020, 10:37:57 AM »
FYI, I'm running 12.7.9

I've compared most things, and they seem to have appeared in the new file. Just thought I'd check.