Author Topic: Cup out before Stage Moves to Start Map and Read Element  (Read 3540 times)

Heather Lowers

• Professor
Cup out before Stage Moves to Start Map and Read Element
« on: October 14, 2016, 09:05:59 AM »
On our 8900, the cup comes out before the stage moves to the start of the first line for stage mapping.  We are using the option that reads the current column condition.  Our preference is to move the stage to the beginning then take the cup out.  I don't like burning a line across my sample :)

Also, our read element button does not read the current elements but it used to.  We are running version 1.2.4.2029.

John Donovan

• Administrator
  • Emeritus
  • Other duties as assigned...
    • Probe Software
Re: Cup out before Stage Moves to Start Map and Read Element
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 09:30:09 AM »
On our 8900, the cup comes out before the stage moves to the start of the first line for stage mapping.  We are using the option that reads the current column condition.  Our preference is to move the stage to the beginning then take the cup out.  I don't like burning a line across my sample :)

Hi Heather,
The move to the stage start is controlled by the mapping macro.  I guess we could add a call to move the stage to the start position manually, and then un-blank the beam.  We know the JEOL stage maps always start in the upper left corner...

Also, our read element button does not read the current elements but it used to.  We are running version 1.2.4.2029.

This button definitely works as I just used it last week.  Try checking the Default Paths in the Setup | Probe Setup menu and make sure it points to the correct folder where the Probewin.elm file is.  What is your OS?
john
John J. Donovan, Pres. 
(541) 343-3400

"Not Absolutely Certain, Yet Reliable"

Heather Lowers

• Professor
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 09:48:04 AM »
The Element button definitely does not work on our instrument as I just tried it yesterday. We are running Windows 7 Professional (64-bit). It stopped working on the previous version update. I will check the path again once the maps are done on Monday but we didn't change any of the settings when updating.

John Donovan

• Administrator
  • Emeritus
  • Other duties as assigned...
    • Probe Software
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 10:06:25 AM »
The Element button definitely does not work on our instrument as I just tried it yesterday. We are running Windows 7 Professional (64-bit). It stopped working on the previous version update. I will check the path again once the maps are done on Monday but we didn't change any of the settings when updating.

Hi Heather,
You are speaking of the Read ELM and ELM All buttons in the PI setup acquisition dialog?

I just tried both buttons and both work fine for me. Your file path must not be correct.  Under Win7 (64), they should look like this:

« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 12:22:13 PM by John Donovan »
John J. Donovan, Pres. 
(541) 343-3400

"Not Absolutely Certain, Yet Reliable"