Author Topic: Circle size in analog images  (Read 2601 times)

Philipp Poeml

• Professor
Circle size in analog images
« on: September 06, 2016, 08:11:02 AM »
Hope this hasn't been discussed before:

In Display, Annotate, and Export Analog Signal Images, when I say Plot Stage Positions and select Sample Positions, it's working fine. It shows small circles for a normal 0 µm beam spot measurement.

On the same image, sample, etc, if I select "All Positions", it is drawing the data as 20 µm huge circles. I think this is because somewhere in the database file there are some points measured with 20 µm.

Is this a bug? I would display all 20 µm beam spot points as 20 µm circles and the 0 µm beam spot points as very small circles.

John Donovan

• Administrator
  • Emeritus
  • Other duties as assigned...
    • Probe Software
Re: Circle size in analog images
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 12:24:28 PM »

In Display, Annotate, and Export Analog Signal Images, when I say Plot Stage Positions and select Sample Positions, it's working fine. It shows small circles for a normal 0 µm beam spot measurement.

On the same image, sample, etc, if I select "All Positions", it is drawing the data as 20 µm huge circles. I think this is because somewhere in the database file there are some points measured with 20 µm.

Is this a bug? I would display all 20 µm beam spot points as 20 µm circles and the 0 µm beam spot points as very small circles.

Bug?  No that's a feature!    ;)

Seriously I will look at the code tonight.  It should not be too hard to fix.

Thanks.
john

Edit by John: actually there is one small "fly in the ointment". What if the sample is a combined condition sample where different elements utilized different beam sizes?!   What size should be displayed for the beam size for that data point?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 03:52:21 PM by John Donovan »
John J. Donovan, Pres. 
(541) 343-3400

"Not Absolutely Certain, Yet Reliable"

John Donovan

• Administrator
  • Emeritus
    • Probe Software
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 06:44:05 PM »

Bug?  No that's a feature!    ;)

Seriously I will look at the code tonight.  It should not be too hard to fix.

Thanks.
john

Edit by John: actually there is one small "fly in the ointment". What if the sample is a combined condition sample where different elements utilized different beam sizes?!   What size should be displayed for the beam size for that data point?

I still don't know what to do if the sample has elements with different beam sizes, but v. 11.6.3 now displays the actual beam size when multiple samples with different beam sizes are within the imaging field of view as shown here:

« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 09:44:26 PM by John Donovan »
John J. Donovan, Pres. 
(541) 343-3400

Philipp Poeml

• Professor
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 11:20:45 PM »
Sounds great, thanks! Hm, my feeling tells me that if the sample was analyzed with combined conditions it should display the largest beam spot size? Or you could have a small tick box: for combined conditions display largest or smalles beam diameter.

John Donovan

• Administrator
  • Emeritus
    • Probe Software
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2016, 09:52:52 AM »
Sounds great, thanks! Hm, my feeling tells me that if the sample was analyzed with combined conditions it should display the largest beam spot size? Or you could have a small tick box: for combined conditions display largest or smalles beam diameter.

Hi Philipp,
It should be possible to do. 

Please update to v. 11.6.3 again if you did this morning as I just made another small mod for this feature.
john
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 10:45:20 AM by John Donovan »
John J. Donovan, Pres. 
(541) 343-3400

Philipp Poeml

• Professor
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2016, 01:09:35 AM »
Great! Now it works as expected! Thanks!

John Donovan

• Administrator
  • Emeritus
    • Probe Software
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2016, 01:12:26 PM »
Great! Now it works as expected! Thanks!

Hi Philipp,
I modified the code to handle combined condition samples. Now it displays the beam size of the element with the largest beam size:

Click the above image to see the beam size circles better.
john
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 09:44:50 PM by John Donovan »
John J. Donovan, Pres. 
(541) 343-3400