Author Topic: Wish List for PFE Features  (Read 63678 times)

John Donovan

• Administrator
  • Emeritus
  • Other duties as assigned...
    • Probe Software
Re: Wish List for PFE Features
« Reply #405 on: May 14, 2018, 04:00:13 pm »
Digitize Image is very useful to set positions to be analyzed on the acquired image.

It would be better if the window is resizable or if the image is zoomable. That is, if the window size for 1024 x 1024 is ~4 times larger than that for 512 x 512, it would be much easier to find good points for measurements. (Same suggestion for displaying window.)

Using PictureSnap is another way to make positions on high-resolution image, but this way is more convenient and more accurate, I guess.

Hi Changkun,
This is an interesting idea.  Let me look into it and see how hard it is to do.
john
John J. Donovan, Pres. 
(541) 343-3400

"Not Absolutely Certain, Yet Reliable"

John Donovan

• Administrator
  • Emeritus
    • Probe Software
« Reply #406 on: May 16, 2018, 09:39:03 am »
Digitize Image is very useful to set positions to be analyzed on the acquired image.

It would be better if the window is resizable or if the image is zoomable. That is, if the window size for 1024 x 1024 is ~4 times larger than that for 512 x 512, it would be much easier to find good points for measurements. (Same suggestion for displaying window.)

Hi Changkun,
I modified the code for the Imaging and Digitize Image windows. You can now make them as large as your monitor allows.

I tested the beam deflection and digitizing functions and they all seem to work with the resizable window. But please let me know if you find anything that doesn't seem right.  I haven't had a change to look at the Display Images dialog yet, but I will get to that.
john
John J. Donovan, Pres. 
(541) 343-3400

Changkun

• Post Doc
« Reply #407 on: May 20, 2018, 08:12:02 pm »
Hi John,

I tested both the Imaging at Acquire! and Digitize Image and both work nicely.
Thanks a lot.

Changkun

John Donovan

• Administrator
  • Emeritus
    • Probe Software
« Reply #408 on: May 20, 2018, 10:08:02 pm »
I tested both the Imaging at Acquire! and Digitize Image and both work nicely.
Thanks a lot.

Awesome!  Thanks for checking. 

We must be doing something right, because we only had to add three lines of code in the window "Resize" event, and it all just worked fine!   ;D
John J. Donovan, Pres. 
(541) 343-3400

Ben Buse

• Professor
« Reply #409 on: September 10, 2018, 08:01:27 am »
Hi John,

Can you remove the minimum peak to background of 1.5. I want to peak up on Fe Lb and Fe La, and I can't achieve 1.5 over the window for peak search. I'm currently doing wavescans first but this is not ideal

Thanks

Ben

John Donovan

• Administrator
  • Emeritus
    • Probe Software
« Reply #410 on: September 10, 2018, 12:09:39 pm »
Hi John,

Can you remove the minimum peak to background of 1.5. I want to peak up on Fe Lb and Fe La, and I can't achieve 1.5 over the window for peak search. I'm currently doing wavescans first but this is not ideal

Thanks

Ben

Hi Ben,
I'd prefer to not remove it completely. How low a P/B do you need do you think?  1.4? 1.3? 1.2?
john
John J. Donovan, Pres. 
(541) 343-3400

Ben Buse

• Professor
« Reply #411 on: September 11, 2018, 02:20:20 am »
Hi John,

Sorry I've just looked at it and it should be 0.24/0.12 so 2 and greater, I've currently got the minimum background value set to 2, I think I'll change it to 1.5, and make sure the shoulder of the Fe La is not in the peak window when peak searching for Fe Lb, I'll see how this goes

Thanks

Ben
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 09:16:07 am by John Donovan »

Ben Buse

• Professor
« Reply #412 on: September 11, 2018, 10:34:51 pm »
Hi John, I can change the minimum background to peak to 1.5 or 1.6 in the software for the current run, but the scalers file will not accept it, it states invalid property. In scalers I currently have 2. which works

One separate thing for wish list - when exporting standard compositions - it be nice to export published values

Thanks

Ben
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 02:36:17 am by Ben Buse »

Ben Buse

• Professor
« Reply #413 on: September 12, 2018, 04:57:06 am »
Hi John,

I'm copying and pasting in excel, and I have several wishes for exporting data

(1) the suggestion above - exporting published quant.

In addition:

(2) allow export only of average composition and std dev.

(3) the most important - suggested by several users - format data from multiple setups - at the moment if the elements change the columns change and its interrupted by headings. Would it be possible to have the same columns for all the data exported - i.e. look through the list of samples to be exported and pick out the total number of elements - and use these as the columns, OR export the different setups to different files?

Sorry this sounds like a lot of work - I don't know how many people would find pts 1 and 2 useful.

Thanks,

Ben
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 05:09:49 am by Ben Buse »

John Donovan

• Administrator
  • Emeritus
    • Probe Software
« Reply #414 on: September 12, 2018, 09:02:36 am »
Hi John, I can change the minimum background to peak to 1.5 or 1.6 in the software for the current run, but the scalers file will not accept it, it states invalid property. In scalers I currently have 2. which works

Hi Ben,
Yes, that is correct.  I'm trying to be conservative and in general prevent people from having a dangerously low minimum P/B for peaking in all runs.

However, as you say, having a specific run with a P/B as low as 1.5 can be specified by the user in the app.  And if you create a new run with that low P/B minimum value, it will get loaded into the new run automatically when you use the Load File Setup option.

Will this work for you?
john
John J. Donovan, Pres. 
(541) 343-3400

John Donovan

• Administrator
  • Emeritus
    • Probe Software
« Reply #415 on: September 12, 2018, 09:58:26 am »
Hi John,

I'm copying and pasting in excel, and I have several wishes for exporting data

In addition:

(3) the most important - suggested by several users - format data from multiple setups - at the moment if the elements change the columns change and its interrupted by headings. Would it be possible to have the same columns for all the data exported - i.e. look through the list of samples to be exported and pick out the total number of elements - and use these as the columns, OR export the different setups to different files?

Sorry this sounds like a lot of work - I don't know how many people would find pts 1 and 2 useful.

Thanks,

Ben

Hi Ben,
I want to make sure I'm understanding exactly what you are requesting.

This copying and pasting into Excel- you're doing this from the Analyze! window using the little "Copy" buttons?
john
John J. Donovan, Pres. 
(541) 343-3400

Ben Buse

• Professor
« Reply #416 on: September 13, 2018, 12:31:49 am »

Hi Ben,
Yes, that is correct.  I'm trying to be conservative and in general prevent people from having a dangerously low minimum P/B for peaking in all runs.

However, as you say, having a specific run with a P/B as low as 1.5 can be specified by the user in the app.  And if you create a new run with that low P/B minimum value, it will get loaded into the new run automatically when you use the Load File Setup option.

Will this work for you?
john

Yes that's fine thanks

Ben

Ben Buse

• Professor
« Reply #417 on: September 13, 2018, 12:33:12 am »

Hi Ben,
I want to make sure I'm understanding exactly what you are requesting.

This copying and pasting into Excel- you're doing this from the Analyze! window using the little "Copy" buttons?
john

Sorry I should have made it clear, I'm reformating the data once I've exported it using the user specified output script, and I was wondering if you could refine it?

Thanks

Ben

John Donovan

• Administrator
  • Emeritus
    • Probe Software
« Reply #418 on: September 13, 2018, 10:21:48 am »

Hi Ben,
Thanks for the clarifications.  This option already exists in the user specified output:

The only caveat is that the software doesn't select automatically select the proper Standard/Unknowns output option when exporting data from the Analyze! window and using the right click option to export only selected samples.  The option is selected on the basis of what output you last did from the Output menu.

I just fixed the code to do this automatically and will upload a new version later today.  In the meantime just use the Output | Export User Specified Output menu for standard sample output with the published values options.

Yeah, not a bad idea, but the problem is that the user has to select as output type so it knows what data to average. I'll have to think if there's a clever way to do this, but for now you'll have to remove the other rows in your spreadsheet.

I can see that this would be useful, but it would be a lot of work. I'll have to think about it how it might be done.

In the meantime you're a super scripter!  I'm sure you could easily knock off an Excel macro to do this...   :)

Post it to the forum and you'll be a hero!  :-*
John J. Donovan, Pres. 
(541) 343-3400

John Donovan

• Administrator
  • Emeritus
    • Probe Software
« Reply #419 on: September 14, 2018, 12:26:10 pm »
Related to Ben's request above we've modified the code to automatically select the proper sample output type (standard vs. unknown) when the user right clicks the selected sample list in the Analyze! window for the "User Specified Output Format" as seen here:

This enables the output of "published" concentration (and variance and difference) values for standards if standard samples were selected.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 01:12:06 pm by John Donovan »
John J. Donovan, Pres. 
(541) 343-3400