Author Topic: Wish List for PFE Features  (Read 141961 times)

Ben Buse

• Professor
Re: Wish List for PFE Features
« Reply #510 on: December 03, 2020, 07:54:52 AM »
Hi John,

Thanks, you learn something new everyday.

So it fits a function to the whole wavescan range is that right?

So Parabolic and Gaussian only work if wavescan range is restricted to the width of the peak, whereas Brent Maxima always works, as its using a parabolic interpolation to find the maxima -

Thanks

Ben

Hi Ben,
OK, we modified the code to utilize the x-axis "zoomed" range if the plot is "zoomed", and if not, just use the full wavescan range (as before), for the centroid fitting:

This version is v. 12.9.0 and just update as usual from the Help menu in PFE to get it.

Thanks John,
This is great
I've included an example below - I zoomed in, applied gaussian fit, then zoomed out

Anette von der Handt

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
    • UMN Probelab
« Reply #511 on: April 09, 2021, 02:30:14 PM »
I am not sure if I requested this before and there was a practical problem in implementing it or I never voiced it before.

I wish that I could keep a spectrometer stationary during wavescan acquisition. Essentially, that there is a check box in the peak/scan options dialog that would have the spectrometer move to the peak position and then just acquire the intensities in the time interval steps without moving the spectrometer itself. I then just use the line number as X-axis to visualize any change in the plot window.

Idea behind it would be that while I run a wavescan on 4 spectrometers I could monitor carbon contamination or Na loss on the 5th spectrometer. What do you think?
Against the dark, a tall white fountain played.

John Donovan

• Administrator
  • Emeritus
  • Other duties as assigned...
    • Probe Software
« Reply #512 on: April 09, 2021, 04:09:39 PM »
There's a StripChart.exe app in the TestProbe.msi installer.

Maybe that will work for you?
John J. Donovan, Pres. 
(541) 343-3400

"Not Absolutely Certain, Yet Reliable"

Rom

• Post Doc
Text colour and font on images
« Reply #513 on: July 18, 2021, 10:10:46 PM »
Hi everyone,
could you suggest me how I can change font and text colour for notes on Probe images.
Thank you.

John Donovan

• Administrator
  • Emeritus
    • Probe Software
Re: Text colour and font on images
« Reply #514 on: July 19, 2021, 08:21:55 AM »
Hi everyone,
could you suggest me how I can change font and text colour for notes on Probe images.
Thank you.

If you are asking about the text overlaid on the analog signal images displayed in Probe for EPMA, those cannot be modified at the current time.  Of course one can export the images (both annotated and "raw" images are exported), and annotate the images in any image editing software.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 08:35:49 AM by John Donovan »
John J. Donovan, Pres. 
(541) 343-3400

Rom

• Post Doc
« Reply #515 on: July 19, 2021, 04:35:11 PM »
Hi John,
Yes, you are right, I meant the text overlaid the SE and BSE images with markers of the points, where compositions were analysed. The markers, currently used in the Probe for EPMA software are too small and hardly readable when exported to the side applications or software.
If would be great, it the possibility of changing the fonts and colours of these markers and texts will appear.
Thank  you so much.

John Donovan

• Administrator
  • Emeritus
    • Probe Software
« Reply #516 on: July 19, 2021, 05:36:38 PM »
Hi John,
Yes, you are right, I meant the text overlaid the SE and BSE images with markers of the points, where compositions were analysed. The markers, currently used in the Probe for EPMA software are too small and hardly readable when exported to the side applications or software.
If would be great, it the possibility of changing the fonts and colours of these markers and texts will appear.
Thank  you so much.

I will take a look at it as soon as I get a chance.
John J. Donovan, Pres. 
(541) 343-3400

Mia Kraft

• Graduate
  • CompSci Student working with Anette at the UMN
    • Github
« Reply #517 on: July 20, 2021, 11:55:45 AM »
Hi John,
Thank  you so much.

I will take a look at it as soon as I get a chance.

Hi John and Rom,

In preparation for M&M 2021 I have just released the newest version of Probelab ReImager which can handle MBD files.

From version 1.7.5 (released today, actually) you can load PFE MDB projects, just select the directory containing both the MDB and BIM files.
https://reimager.probelab.net

As a side note, Probelab ReImager can open the PFE files on any OS it runs on, this includes Mac. I have had issues with Mac versions older than Catalina (10.15) not always opening MDBs though.

I hope this can help!

John Donovan

• Administrator
  • Emeritus
    • Probe Software
« Reply #518 on: July 20, 2021, 12:46:57 PM »
Hi Mia,

I think we are both too responsive to these "feature wishes"!   :)

I just finished adding a control for specifying font size for the point labels, but the fact that ReImager can now read images from Probe for EPMA files is wonderful!  Does ReImager read the image scales and plot analysis points and labels for PFE MDB files also?

I'll be uploading this new version in a few hours after everything is re-compiled!
John J. Donovan, Pres. 
(541) 343-3400

Mia Kraft

• Graduate
  • CompSci Student working with Anette at the UMN
    • Github
« Reply #519 on: July 20, 2021, 03:35:51 PM »
Hi Mia,

I think we are both too responsive to these "feature wishes"!   :)

I just finished adding a control for specifying font size for the point labels, but the fact that ReImager can now read images from Probe for EPMA files is wonderful!  Does ReImager read the image scales and plot analysis points and labels for PFE MDB files also?

I'll be uploading this new version in a few hours after everything is re-compiled!

This is actually a feature Anette and I have been finishing over the last couple months, the timing is just right.

All the normal features of ReImager are now supporting PFE, so yes, it reads the scale, points, etc. It can also export any image (Thermo, JEOL) as an ACQ file for PictureSnap App integration.

John Donovan

• Administrator
  • Emeritus
    • Probe Software
« Reply #520 on: July 21, 2021, 01:57:22 PM »
Hi John,
Thank  you so much.

OK, the latest version of Probe for EPMA (v. 12.9.7) now contains a control for selecting the font size in the saved images dialog for point annotations:

If you want to do more fancy annotations I suggest using Mia Kraft's ProbeLab ReImager software which now supports exporting of Probe for EPMA images for additional editing and annotations:

https://probesoftware.com/smf/index.php?board=38.0
John J. Donovan, Pres. 
(541) 343-3400