Author Topic: ELM All and Inst. All  (Read 3449 times)

Ben Buse

• Professor
ELM All and Inst. All
« on: April 06, 2016, 12:59:47 AM »
Hi

Where does Read ELM or ELM All read its information from - I've just got PI open and when I click it it says Read ELM: No PHA/peak detail for crystal '' on Spectro #
Is this to be used when you have PFE open.

When click Inst. All it reads spectrometers positions pha etc from spectrometer - but does not know what the element is persumably this only works with Read ELM - and does that require PFE open?

Thanks

Ben

John Donovan

• Administrator
  • Emeritus
  • Other duties as assigned...
    • Probe Software
Re: ELM All and Inst. All
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 07:18:49 AM »
Hi

Where does Read ELM or ELM All read its information from - I've just got PI open and when I click it it says Read ELM: No PHA/peak detail for crystal '' on Spectro #
Is this to be used when you have PFE open.

When click Inst. All it reads spectrometers positions pha etc from spectrometer - but does not know what the element is persumably this only works with Read ELM - and does that require PFE open?

Thanks

Ben

Hi Ben,
The Read ELM and ELM All buttons simply read the Probewin.ELM file from the ProgramData\Probe Software\Probe for EPMA folder.

This file is created when PFE moves to a element position on a spectrometer.  Probe for EPMA does not have to be open as only the file is read.

That said, you might have to go into the Probe Image Setup dialog and update the "Paths" section to indicate where the Probewin.ELM file is.  The file location is different for v. 11.x of PFE.
john
John J. Donovan, Pres. 
(541) 343-3400

"Not Absolutely Certain, Yet Reliable"

Ben Buse

• Professor
Re: ELM All and Inst. All
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 05:33:10 AM »
Thanks John that works (I must have missed those when I updated to v11).

Ben