Author Topic: Bruker Quantification Methods  (Read 7907 times)

John Donovan

• Administrator
  • Emeritus
  • Other duties as assigned...
    • Probe Software
Bruker Quantification Methods
« on: August 29, 2015, 02:52:08 PM »
The latest version of PFE (11.0.3) now allows the user to specify a Bruker quantification method for extracting net intensities as seen here:

« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 10:26:04 PM by John Donovan »
John J. Donovan, Pres. 
(541) 343-3400

"Not Absolutely Certain, Yet Reliable"

Karsten Goemann

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
Re: Bruker Quantification Methods
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 09:47:19 PM »
Hi John,

I've tried this and PFE presents me with that dialog box when the first measurement is started.

Is there a way to change the quantification method selection afterwards? I would have to change settings in the method for different materials.

Cheers,
Karsten

John Donovan

• Administrator
  • Emeritus
    • Probe Software
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 10:07:12 PM »
Hi John,
I've tried this and PFE presents me with that dialog box when the first measurement is started.

Is there a way to change the quantification method selection afterwards? I would have to change settings in the method for different materials.
Cheers,
Karsten

Hi Karsten,
Right now you'd have to close the app and re-start the program.  But it would be easy enough to add a menu to pop that Bruker quant method dialog back up.  Question is: where should the menu go?

Or were you thinking that we could assign a different EDS quantification method to each sample?
john
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 10:24:12 PM by John Donovan »
John J. Donovan, Pres. 
(541) 343-3400

Karsten Goemann

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 10:32:40 PM »
If I could select a method on a per sample basis that'd be ideal.
How about in Analyze | Calculation Options in the "EDS Spectral Data and Calculations" section?

John Donovan

• Administrator
  • Emeritus
    • Probe Software
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 08:22:29 AM »
If I could select a method on a per sample basis that'd be ideal.
How about in Analyze | Calculation Options in the "EDS Spectral Data and Calculations" section?

I was thinking the same thing!   I'd have to bump the version number and save it to the MDB file though.

One related problem: I like to make things symmetric as much as possible, but unfortunately the quant method for Thermo is selected by a call to the TEVB_ProjectExplorerDisplay function which remotely opens the project selection dialog in NSS and that doesn't return a project name.  I'll talk to Thermo and see what they suggest.
john
John J. Donovan, Pres. 
(541) 343-3400

Philippe Pinard

• Post Doc
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2015, 02:19:35 AM »
A note for new methods to appear in the list, they cannot have any "Halt execution" check in the method definition.

I also obviously agree with Karsten that it would be a nice feature to change the Quant method in the calculation options.

John Donovan

• Administrator
  • Emeritus
    • Probe Software
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2015, 09:13:01 AM »
A note for new methods to appear in the list, they cannot have any "Halt execution" check in the method definition.

Hi Phillipe,
Yes indeed. This is already implemented as seen here:

' Only use quantification methods that do not require user intervention
tAutomaticOnly = True
BrukerError& = GetQuantificationMethods(BrukerHandle&, tAutomaticOnly, pMethodBuf$, Len(pMethodBuf$))
Call BrukerEDSSpectraProcessError("BrukerEDSSpectraSelectQuantMethodOrProject", "GetQuantificationMethods")
If ierror Then Exit Sub

I also obviously agree with Karsten that it would be a nice feature to change the Quant method in the calculation options.

Also already implemented at the sample Calculation Options dialog level.  Please try it out and let me know how it works.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 09:36:45 AM by John Donovan »
John J. Donovan, Pres. 
(541) 343-3400