Author Topic: Multiple Strip -- high aspect maps  (Read 4188 times)

Dan R

• Professor
    • GE Research Materials Characterization
Multiple Strip -- high aspect maps
« on: March 11, 2015, 06:40:54 AM »
Hello all-
I recently created a map 1 um x 30 um wide -- the reason being is that I only cared to run a linescan and I want to do Quant on this instead of an entire map. In order to do this, I had to trick ProbeImage into a "high aspect" ratio map.

Ideally, I'd like to end up with element profiles in the long dimension... I tried to export a Multiple Strip extraction for Surfer but got the following message:

"Multiple strip extractions on Wide aspect ratio x-ray maps are not supported at this time. Please contact Probe Software for an update."

Is there an update on this? Is modifying the bas script relatively straight-forward -- I've been doing this for other export scripts but I have not looked in detail as to why these extractions would not be supported.

-Dan

I generated a strip bas file and then manually went in and edited it for the correct files... this seemed to work and the only problem with a "high aspect" ratio map seems to be the output XYZ maps -- these are stretched out in the short dimension direction. The data output seems to be fine. I'll look into the bas file more if I have time. Any thoughts?

« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 08:33:43 AM by Dan Ruscitto »

John Donovan

• Administrator
  • Emeritus
  • Other duties as assigned...
    • Probe Software
Re: Multiple Strip -- high aspect maps
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 10:01:44 AM »
Hello all-
I recently created a map 1 um x 30 um wide -- the reason being is that I only cared to run a linescan and I want to do Quant on this instead of an entire map. In order to do this, I had to trick ProbeImage into a "high aspect" ratio map.

Ideally, I'd like to end up with element profiles in the long dimension... I tried to export a Multiple Strip extraction for Surfer but got the following message:

"Multiple strip extractions on Wide aspect ratio x-ray maps are not supported at this time. Please contact Probe Software for an update."

Is there an update on this? Is modifying the bas script relatively straight-forward -- I've been doing this for other export scripts but I have not looked in detail as to why these extractions would not be supported.

-Dan

I generated a strip bas file and then manually went in and edited it for the correct files... this seemed to work and the only problem with a "high aspect" ratio map seems to be the output XYZ maps -- these are stretched out in the short dimension direction. The data output seems to be fine. I'll look into the bas file more if I have time. Any thoughts?

Hi Dan,
That message is there to remind me to finish that script coding!  Yes, just too many things to do... and so little time!

If you can fix the script to produce wide aspect ratio output that looks nice I will incorporate that into the next version of CalcImage.
John J. Donovan, Pres. 
(541) 343-3400

"Not Absolutely Certain, Yet Reliable"