Author Topic: "No Virtual Intensity" error  (Read 3128 times)

BenjaminWade

• Professor
"No Virtual Intensity" error
« on: March 02, 2015, 05:22:10 PM »
Hi John
I have encountered a small problem when trying to “Analyse” a sample. A bunch of silicate mineral data was collected using the same analytical parameters, but when I try to “Analyse” one of the analyses which was on a feldspar, I get the error message “No virtual intensity found for si ka spectrometer 4”. All the other samples in the run seem to analyse fine without this message. Any idea what is happening there? Let me know if you want or need the mdb/standard file to troubleshoot.

Cheers

John Donovan

• Administrator
  • Emeritus
  • Other duties as assigned...
    • Probe Software
Re: "No Virtual Intensity" error
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 09:44:46 PM »
I have encountered a small problem when trying to “Analyse” a sample. A bunch of silicate mineral data was collected using the same analytical parameters, but when I try to “Analyse” one of the analyses which was on a feldspar, I get the error message “No virtual intensity found for si ka spectrometer 4”. All the other samples in the run seem to analyse fine without this message. Any idea what is happening there? Let me know if you want or need the mdb/standard file to troubleshoot.

You're getting this message?

I should probably add some additional explanatory text to the error message there, but it simply (usually) just indicates that someone (!) accidentally clicked the "use virtual std intensity" checkbox under Standard Assignments" as seen here:

John J. Donovan, Pres. 
(541) 343-3400

"Not Absolutely Certain, Yet Reliable"

BenjaminWade

• Professor
Re: "No Virtual Intensity" error
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 04:24:31 PM »
I am suitably chastised. Many thanks again John

Edit by John: No worries. I did modify the error message to include a note about the Standard Assignments checkbox in the latest version 10.7.7.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 05:53:40 PM by John Donovan »