Author Topic: Transferring stage pos from Cameca files to Picture snap  (Read 6356 times)

Ravi

• Graduate
Transferring stage pos from Cameca files to Picture snap
« on: November 26, 2014, 07:53:56 AM »
Dear All,

What would be the best method to transfer stage positions of Qti data points from a Cameca file onto the picture snap window of PfEPMA?
Though, I am able to do that now (see attached image) by using a combination of Cameca window to drive the stage and then using digitize-random points  but I guess there should be a more straightforward way via file import etc. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ravi

Edit by John: more specifically, if any one has the file format for the PeakSight Qti file, please post it here or send it to me. Thanks!

Or perhaps even better, is there an ASCII/text output file format for stage positions in PeakSight?

« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 08:01:57 AM by John Donovan »

Ravi

• Graduate
Re: Transferring stage pos from Cameca files to Picture snap
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 09:35:39 AM »
Hi John,
Peaksight doesn't provide the option to save only Position (XYZ) as ASCII file but lets you save the whole Qti data (counts, bg pos, wt, oxide, XYZ and many more) that way. So, I copied all the columns to an Excel file, then saved only three Position/XYZ columns (deleted the rest) and saved file in different text formats. Tried importing it to the digitize window of PfEPMA but no success (file formats not compatible). If you can let me know what text file format/s will be read by PfEPMA, I can try further.
Thanks,
Ravi

Probeman

• Emeritus
  • Never sleeps...
    • John Donovan
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 09:45:33 AM »
Peaksight doesn't provide the option to save only Position (XYZ) as ASCII file but lets you save the whole Qti data (counts, bg pos, wt, oxide, XYZ and many more) that way. So, I copied all the columns to an Excel file, then saved only three Position/XYZ columns (deleted the rest) and saved file in different text formats. Tried importing it to the digitize window of PfEPMA but no success (file formats not compatible). If you can let me know what text file format/s will be read by PfEPMA, I can try further.

http://epmalab.uoregon.edu/pfw/PROBEWIN.pdf#page=298
The only stupid question is the one not asked!

Probeman

• Emeritus
  • Never sleeps...
    • John Donovan
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 04:22:59 PM »
Hi Ravi,
Perhaps I should have asked this from the beginning!

If you are simply trying to import PeakSight stage positions for your standards, you should just use the menu in the Stage.exe application as seen here:

Ravi

• Graduate
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 07:26:47 AM »
No, standards.mdb was already imported and has been around a long time. Its just I needed to import unknown sample positions.

Probeman

• Emeritus
  • Never sleeps...
    • John Donovan
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2014, 07:32:39 AM »
No, standards.mdb was already imported and has been around a long time. Its just I needed to import unknown sample positions.
Ok. But remember, use Standard.exe to to import standard compositions from sx.mdb and Stage.exe to import standard positions from sx.mdb. I separate the standard compositions from the standard positions for specific reasons in Probe for EPMA.

Any luck making a Qti format conversion to .POS?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 08:05:18 AM by Probeman »

Ravi

• Graduate
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2014, 10:44:21 AM »
Not yet!