Author Topic: Default MAN  (Read 3603 times)

Malcolm Roberts

• Professor
Default MAN
« on: August 11, 2014, 12:56:15 AM »
Hi John,
The default is off peak, which I do not often use anymore. Which file should I dig around in and change so as to default to MAN?
Cheers,
Malc.

Probeman

• Emeritus
  • Never sleeps...
    • John Donovan
Re: Default MAN
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 11:02:53 AM »
Hi John,
The default is off peak, which I do not often use anymore. Which file should I dig around in and change so as to default to MAN?

There's no way to specify the default background type in the INI file (I think not anyway!), but the easiest thing is to simply load the setup from your last (or preferred) probe run and you will get all the background types specified there.
john
The only stupid question is the one not asked!

Malcolm Roberts

• Professor
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 09:42:23 PM »
Hi John
Makes sense. I dug around in the .ini file and couldn't find anything. just wondered if there was something in one of the others. Now... playing devil's advocate... I would say that it must have off-peak as the default somewhere? And then maybe the default can be changed somehow?
Cheers,
malc.

John Donovan

• Administrator
  • Emeritus
  • Other duties as assigned...
    • Probe Software
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 08:07:58 AM »
Hi John
Makes sense. I dug around in the .ini file and couldn't find anything. just wondered if there was something in one of the others. Now... playing devil's advocate... I would say that it must have off-peak as the default somewhere? And then maybe the default can be changed somehow?

Of course. Everything is *possible*.

But I'm leaving the bgd types initialized to zero which indicates off-peak (1 = MAN and 2 = multi-point-bgd).

But tell me this: once you have all your background types specified in a run, you can just keep reloading that previous configuration for every new run and you won't have to set anything manually, right? 
John J. Donovan, Pres. 
(541) 343-3400

"Not Absolutely Certain, Yet Reliable"

Malcolm Roberts

• Professor
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 05:37:06 PM »
That's true...but you presume I do this......... Some things call for other scenarios......