Author Topic: Time and Money  (Read 3591 times)

John Donovan

• Administrator
  • Emeritus
  • Other duties as assigned...
    • Probe Software
Time and Money
« on: July 10, 2013, 05:55:47 pm »
This is a low resolution version of a new flyer we are thinking of.  What do you all think?
john

Edit: See post further down with updated version.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 10:43:25 am by John Donovan »
John J. Donovan, Pres. 
(541) 343-3400

"Not Absolutely Certain, Yet Reliable"

Julien

• Professor
  • The truth is out there...
    • Geoloweb - J. Allaz personal website
Re: Time and Money
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 09:09:21 am »
Hey John!

Looks nice except for the second page... I would recommend to remove the middle image, where you have this strip in your Mg-diffusion experiment and a graphic of the Mg (??) content: this make this page much to heavy, and screws up the text for point 5: start on the middle right side of the page, continue a little bit below on the left, and ends on the very bottom right...

I guess you are still using Word for these pamphlets? If you do have InDesign, I would strongly recommend to use this publishing tool, much better to handle images, and you have all the tools from Illustrator and the other Adobe programs... You can for instance easily add an arrow to better link a text to an ===> image, or add a drop shadow under the images, add some light background behind your text, add your logo as a template in the top or side of every pages..... InDesign is to Word as Probe for EPMA is to any JEOL/Cameca probe: once you test it you don't want to give it up.

Julien

Barbara Donovan

• Administrator
  • Student
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 04:03:08 pm »
Hi Julien,
I agree with your comments on the second page. In fact today I went through the whole thing with many suggestions. Let's see what the next version looks like...
Best,
Barbara

John Donovan

• Administrator
  • Emeritus
  • Other duties as assigned...
    • Probe Software
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 10:42:15 am »
Yes, Barb and Julien are correct.

Attached is an updated (again low resolution) version that I think is better.  Let me know what you all think.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 07:05:51 pm by John Donovan »
John J. Donovan, Pres. 
(541) 343-3400

"Not Absolutely Certain, Yet Reliable"