Author Topic: Using multi-point backgrounds for standard acquisitions  (Read 212 times)

Anette von der Handt

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
    • UMN Probelab
Using multi-point backgrounds for standard acquisitions
« on: May 31, 2024, 11:28:17 AM »
When I am defining MPB's in my setup, PFE still uses the two-off peak settings for the standards acquisitions but unknown acquisitions are using the MPB? Is there a reason or is there a trick? Thanks!
Against the dark, a tall white fountain played.

Probeman

• Emeritus
  • Never sleeps...
    • John Donovan
Re: Using multi-point backgrounds for standard acquisitions
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2024, 02:01:23 PM »
When I am defining MPB's in my setup, PFE still uses the two-off peak settings for the standards acquisitions but unknown acquisitions are using the MPB? Is there a reason or is there a trick? Thanks!

This is a feature, not a bug!    :D

When you create a new run, and define an unknown sample to use multi-point backgrounds (MPB), Probe for EPMA will check if the background models are the same or different for each element (Off-Peak vs. MAN vs. MPB) and if so you will get this pop up:

The idea being that perhaps one forgot to specify these background models to be the same, or maybe you wanted them to be different.  Either way, you can just say it's fine if they should be different (usually the default I think), or one can cancel and go into the Acquire! | Acquisition Options dialog to set them to be the same (or different) for standards vs. unknowns.

Click on any element row to edit these parameters:

« Last Edit: May 31, 2024, 02:04:18 PM by Probeman »
The only stupid question is the one not asked!