Software > PictureSnapApp

PictureSnapApp version 1.8.4

<< < (3/15) > >>

John Donovan:
Here's what one of our grad students, Marisa Acosta, has been using PictureSnapApp for with her scanned thin sections on our Quanta SEM:

The cool thing is that when she takes the image and the calibration files to another instrument, say the TOF-SIMS, she can simply recalibrate the image to the SIMS stage and the point and FOV annotations are automatically transformed, allowing her to easily navigate to their locations even if she can no longer see the thin section in visible light anymore.

neko:
I am happy to report that thus far, our lab users have responded enthusiastically to this app, and I've spread it to another lab in the department that has a laser ablation stage (I'll let you know if it ends up working out for them - they have an old P4 dell running XP with a single tiny monitor so ... it should work but might be inconvenient to use).

John Donovan:

--- Quote from: neko on March 13, 2018, 03:06:54 PM ---I am happy to report that thus far, our lab users have responded enthusiastically to this app, and I've spread it to another lab in the department that has a laser ablation stage (I'll let you know if it ends up working out for them - they have an old P4 dell running XP with a single tiny monitor so ... it should work but might be inconvenient to use).

--- End quote ---

Hi Nick,
Thanks, good to know.

Just FYI, in addition to getting the interface to the Cameca working, we will be making a bunch of other changes later this week to PictureSnapApp.  For example, to facilitate moving from one instrument coordinate system to another, and allowing the user to transform images that are oriented differently in different instruments.

Still very much a "a work in progress"!    :)    So do feel free to let us know of any ideas you/they have.   Be sure to update PictureSnapApp frequently using the Help menu...
john

John Donovan:
We have now implemented in PictureSnapApp, support for Cameca EPMA instruments.

For Cameca EPMA instruments you'll want to select "um" for stage units, cartesian stage orientation, and enter the appropriate stage limits +/- 26000 in X, +/- 41000 in Y and +/- 1000 for Z, and roughly 1000 um for the FOV at 100x.

Any questions, just let us know.

John Donovan:
We just released v. 1.4.2 of PictureSnapApp which has a number of small improvements including a new menu to transform images from one coordinate system to another.

For example transforming from um (Cameca) to FEI or JEOL (mm) stages (and visa versa).  Because JEOL SEMs utilize a cartesian stage orientation, this transform dialog works fine moving to/from JEOL SEMs to other cartesian stage instruments such as JEOL and FEI SEMs.

But while you can run PictureSnapApp just fine on your JEOL EPMA, we haven't yet implemented the coordinate transformation code to handle transferring the anti-cartesian orientation of the JEOL EPMA images to/from a cartesian JEOL or FEI SEM (or to/from a cartesian Cameca EPMA).  We will release the orientation transform feature shortly, but in the meantime for transferring calibrated images between all other instruments (FEI, JEOL SEM, Cameca EPMA), the stage unit conversion works fine. Also the transform code automatically converts all point and FOV annotations.  See this Cameca image in mm units after conversion from um stage units:

When you click on the Transform menu you'll get this dialog:

As you can see, the conversion from um to mm was selected.  The image and calibration filenames are automatically appended with the unit conversion that was performed. e.g., "_um_to_mm" or "_mm_to_um" as seen here:

Please update from your Help menu and try it and and let us know what you think.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version