Author Topic: trouble loading std intensity data  (Read 3212 times)

bgarcia

• Professor
trouble loading std intensity data
« on: July 23, 2015, 11:45:58 AM »
When I'm loading my standard intensity data and file setup to a new blank file, I get this: (see attachment)

Any ideas? This is the first file i'm starting since updating with some (older) updates from March.

John Donovan

• Administrator
  • Emeritus
  • Other duties as assigned...
    • Probe Software
Re: trouble loading std intensity data
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 11:53:10 AM »
When I'm loading my standard intensity data and file setup to a new blank file, I get this: (see attachment)

Any ideas? This is the first file i'm starting since updating with some (older) updates from March.

Hi Ben,
Have you updated to the most recent version of PFE? If you have, and are still getting the error, please send me the old MDB file that you are attempting to make a new file from.

Also just FYI: to capture just the active (error mesaage) window use the <alt> <PrtScn> key combination.
john
John J. Donovan, Pres. 
(541) 343-3400

"Not Absolutely Certain, Yet Reliable"

bgarcia

• Professor
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 01:28:55 PM »
Ok, I'll get the newer updates.

So does this mean it hasn't loaded the newest intensity files?

Probeman

• Emeritus
  • Never sleeps...
    • John Donovan
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 01:31:32 PM »
Ok, I'll get the newer updates.

So does this mean it hasn't loaded the newest intensity files?

Hi Ben,
I can't tell until you send me the MDB file.  It's already loaded the run globals and selected sample setup, and trying to load the standard intensities, but failing on trying to load the TDI curves for the standards.  Maybe there aren't any?  It should check for that, but I will look also.

OK, I checked and it is successfully loading std TDI data from an old run, so if it still doesn't work for you after you update PFE, I'll need the old MDB file you are trying to load from and getting errors.
john

Edit by John: Ben, I created a new MDB, made a new sample, clicked the Load File Setup button and loaded all your standard intensities from the old MDB that you sent me and it worked fine:

« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 10:34:49 AM by John Donovan »
The only stupid question is the one not asked!

bgarcia

• Professor
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 03:20:15 PM »
 :-[  After updating, I restarted the hardware computers on the probe...<sigh>...which fixed the problem. No more errors.

Sorry everyone, nothing to see here.

http://www.thesectofthehornedgod.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/movealong.gif

John Donovan

• Administrator
  • Emeritus
  • Other duties as assigned...
    • Probe Software
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2022, 11:46:26 AM »
When using the Load File Setup button in the New Sample/Setup dialog from the Acquire! window, the latest version of Probe for EPMA ( v. 13.1.8 ) now loads the standard intensities in the actual order of acquisition into the new probe database.

If one answers "Yes" to the prompt "Do you want to load standard intensities also", previously PFE loaded the standard intensities starting from the last standard in the probe database used for loading the sample setup from, so the order of acquisition in the new probe database was in reverse order.  This seems to have caused some confusion among users.

The new code uses two loops now, so it first loads the standard row numbers, again starting from the last to the first (so that it always uses the most recent standard intensity data), and simply stores them in an array. Then it uses another loop to actually read and store the standard intensities from the old run in reverse order so they are now loaded in the original order of acquisition.

The reason this is helpful is because the standard intensity drift correction depends on the samples being ordered by time of acquisition.
John J. Donovan, Pres. 
(541) 343-3400

"Not Absolutely Certain, Yet Reliable"