Author Topic: How to automatically save PI image?  (Read 3259 times)

JohnF

• Professor
  • CQ DX DE WA3BTA
    • John's EPMA
How to automatically save PI image?
« on: May 02, 2016, 06:15:46 AM »
I created a new directory and subdirectory for the PI files yesterday for a user, and after the run finished, I looked there for the files and they were not obviously present. Did I do something wrong? Or must you manually save PI files after acquisition? If so, what if there are two different setups and different sets of maps, are they all left open on the desktop to manually save afterward?

John Donovan

• Administrator
  • Emeritus
  • Other duties as assigned...
    • Probe Software
Re: How to automatically save PI image?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 07:16:48 AM »
I created a new directory and subdirectory for the PI files yesterday for a user, and after the run finished, I looked there for the files and they were not obviously present. Did I do something wrong? Or must you manually save PI files after acquisition? If so, what if there are two different setups and different sets of maps, are they all left open on the desktop to manually save afterward?

When you start an acquisition in PI it first asks you what folder to save the images in.  Whatever folder you selected is where they are saved automatically.

The default folder to save them is defined in the Default Paths section of the Setup | Probe Image Setup dialog (usually C:\UserImages).

You can check the current save to folder by clicking the File | Select Save To Folder menu and then see what folder it drops you into.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 09:29:10 AM by John Donovan »
John J. Donovan, Pres. 
(541) 343-3400

"Not Absolutely Certain, Yet Reliable"