Author Topic: prbimg files deadtime corrected?  (Read 3288 times)

Philipp Poeml

• Professor
prbimg files deadtime corrected?
« on: March 08, 2016, 08:11:09 AM »
Hi John,

are those files saved by PI deadtime corrected?
If not, is there a function, for example in calcimage, I could use to get deadtime corrected maps, without running the full quant process?

And, in calcimage, when I do the quant, I can choose to calculate "Net intensity" images. Are those deadtime corrected?

Thanks
Philipp

Probeman

• Emeritus
  • Never sleeps...
    • John Donovan
Re: prbimg files deadtime corrected?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 09:49:57 AM »
Are those files saved by PI deadtime corrected?
If not, is there a function, for example in calcimage, I could use to get deadtime corrected maps, without running the full quant process?

And, in calcimage, when I do the quant, I can choose to calculate "Net intensity" images. Are those deadtime corrected?

Hi Philipp,
The x-ray map intensities in the PrbImg raw data files are saved as counts/sec along with all the beam conditions and everything else.  It's an ASCII file, so feel free to take a look.

These raw x-ray map intensities are corrected for deadtime, background, matrix corrections, interferences, etc in CalcImage during the quantification process. It's no different than in Probe for EPMA for point analyses.

That is, the net intensity images are corrected for deadtime, beam drift, and background, but not for interferences.  But the k-ratio (and other quant) images are corrected for everything: deadtime, beam drift, background, standard drift, interferences, etc., etc.
john
The only stupid question is the one not asked!