Author Topic: FTP Filezilla malware?  (Read 3154 times)

JohnF

• Professor
  • CQ DX DE WA3BTA
    • John's EPMA
FTP Filezilla malware?
« on: November 12, 2015, 11:06:54 AM »
For years I have been using Filezilla to ftp files.
Recently when I've gone to the Sourceforge site to download it, and do download it, and attempt to install, it says it is coming from some weird organization (Fried Cookie I think). I just googled and found that apparently some malware company is now somehow tied in with the downloads.

See
https://forum.filezilla-project.org/viewtopic.php?t=34525

Does anyone know of a non-malware site for Filezilla? And also if once you have installed a 'good version', whether it will not be infected by the malware version>?

Probeman

• Emeritus
  • Never sleeps...
    • John Donovan
Re: FTP Filezilla malware?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 11:17:06 AM »
For years I have been using Filezilla to ftp files.
Recently when I've gone to the Sourceforge site to download it, and do download it, and attempt to install, it says it is coming from some weird organization (Fried Cookie I think). I just googled and found that apparently some malware company is now somehow tied in with the downloads.

See
https://forum.filezilla-project.org/viewtopic.php?t=34525

Does anyone know of a non-malware site for Filezilla? And also if once you have installed a 'good version', whether it will not be infected by the malware version>?

Wow, that is nasty.

I've attached a recent (and legit) copy of the Filezilla FTP client below.
The only stupid question is the one not asked!

Probeman

• Emeritus
  • Never sleeps...
    • John Donovan
Re: FTP Filezilla malware?
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 11:19:55 AM »

And attached below is the 32 bit version for XP, etc.
The only stupid question is the one not asked!