Author Topic: Automated multi-element wavescans on multiple materials  (Read 359 times)

dawncruth

• Professor
Automated multi-element wavescans on multiple materials
« on: May 02, 2022, 01:00:01 PM »
I need to get wavescans on my usual silicate standards for better background selection. I used the mulit-element instructions from the advanced user guide. For some reason, I thought I could run from the Automate window. I mean, we have the Acquire Wavescan samples option. When I select that, it says the 10 wavescan samples will take 12 minutes, when I know I set it up for longer than that; they should each take about an hour. I've double checked the various user manuals and clearly I am missing something.

John Donovan

• Administrator
  • Emeritus
  • Other duties as assigned...
    • Probe Software
Re: Automated multi-element wavescans on multiple materials
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2022, 04:22:39 PM »
I need to get wavescans on my usual silicate standards for better background selection. I used the mulit-element instructions from the advanced user guide. For some reason, I thought I could run from the Automate window. I mean, we have the Acquire Wavescan samples option. When I select that, it says the 10 wavescan samples will take 12 minutes, when I know I set it up for longer than that; they should each take about an hour. I've double checked the various user manuals and clearly I am missing something.

The estimated acquisition time should depend strongly on whether the use Continuous ROM scanning flag is set or not in the Peak/Scan Options dialog. That said, I would run the experiment and see how far off the acquisition time estimate is. What have you got to lose?    :D

Frankly, I will state here for the record, the most difficult code we have worked on is the acquisition time estimate. Much harder than any matrix correction physics!

If the acquisition time estimate is grossly inaccurate, please contact us by email with an (MDB) example of the wavescan acquisition and we will look into it and try to improve the time estimate accuracy.
John J. Donovan, Pres. 
(541) 343-3400

"Not Absolutely Certain, Yet Reliable"