Author Topic: Modify analysis positions  (Read 2901 times)

glennpoirier

• Professor
Modify analysis positions
« on: April 19, 2016, 08:26:38 AM »
Hi All,
I was wondering if there was any way to shift the positions in an analytical run  a given  number of microns from where they were initially selected.  I set up a run for the weekend but came back on Monday to discover that I had set the beam to a point instead of 10 µm (rookie mistake) . I manually adjusted every point and restarted the run. If this happens again is there a way to simply do the run again but with the positions adjusted by 20 µm?

Cheers

Glenn

Probeman

• Emeritus
  • Never sleeps...
    • John Donovan
Re: Modify analysis positions
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 08:56:34 AM »
Hi All,
I was wondering if there was any way to shift the positions in an analytical run  a given  number of microns from where they were initially selected.  I set up a run for the weekend but came back on Monday to discover that I had set the beam to a point instead of 10 µm (rookie mistake) . I manually adjusted every point and restarted the run. If this happens again is there a way to simply do the run again but with the positions adjusted by 20 µm?

Cheers

Glenn

Easy, peasy.

Simply use the Confirm Positions option in the Automate! window.   By default the software will drive to the first coordinate of the position sample and pop up the Confirm Positions dialog.  Then simply adjust the first coordinate to where you want the new run to start, and then all the remaining positions will be automatically shifted over by the same amount!

Yes, if one checks the Confirm All Positions in Sample checkbox, the program will ask for configuration for each and every point, but if it's unchecked (the default), it only asks for the first point of each position sample and simply adjusts all "en masse".
john
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 09:13:25 AM by Probeman »
The only stupid question is the one not asked!

glennpoirier

• Professor
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 09:31:02 AM »
Well that's easy enough! Wish I had known that three hours ago.  Thanks!
Glenn

Mike Matthews

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 11:00:54 AM »
I wish I'd known that sooner too!

Probeman

• Emeritus
  • Never sleeps...
    • John Donovan
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 11:18:37 AM »
I wish I'd known that sooner too!

Hi Mike,
Maybe it's worth someone posting this tip to the "Hidden Features in Probe for EPMA" topic here:

http://probesoftware.com/smf/index.php?topic=110.0

:-*
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 11:30:58 AM by Probeman »
The only stupid question is the one not asked!