Author Topic: "Ghost" analysis locations in digitize image  (Read 2739 times)

Anette von der Handt

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
    • UMN Probelab
"Ghost" analysis locations in digitize image
« on: February 05, 2016, 01:57:50 PM »
Hi,

not sure if the topic title is the best description of my problem but here it goes.

We routinely use the option to digitize on an image (great function!). Rather than close and re-open the dialog between images I prefer to create a new unknown within the dialog (little yellow button) and acquire a new image (why? it saves time especially as it keeps reverting back to the default analytical conditions).

Now, the problem is that the old analysis locations are sometimes still visible as "ghosts" in the new image even though they refer to stage locations outside of the frame of the new image.

Is there a way to force a refresh here that I haven't found yet? Obviously, closing and re-opening the window is not such a hard ship but maybe there is just a tick box that needs to be checked that I have overlooked (or maybe the "digitize image" command could include a refresh for the analysis spot layer)?

Thanks!
Against the dark, a tall white fountain played.

John Donovan

• Administrator
  • Emeritus
  • Other duties as assigned...
    • Probe Software
Re: "Ghost" analysis locations in digitize image
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 07:11:50 PM »
Hi,

not sure if the topic title is the best description of my problem but here it goes.

We routinely use the option to digitize on an image (great function!). Rather than close and re-open the dialog between images I prefer to create a new unknown within the dialog (little yellow button) and acquire a new image (why? it saves time especially as it keeps reverting back to the default analytical conditions).

Now, the problem is that the old analysis locations are sometimes still visible as "ghosts" in the new image even though they refer to stage locations outside of the frame of the new image.

Is there a way to force a refresh here that I haven't found yet? Obviously, closing and re-opening the window is not such a hard ship but maybe there is just a tick box that needs to be checked that I have overlooked (or maybe the "digitize image" command could include a refresh for the analysis spot layer)?

Thanks!

Hi Anette,
I think this is easily dealt with.  Let me look into it this weekend and see what I can see.
john
John J. Donovan, Pres. 
(541) 343-3400

"Not Absolutely Certain, Yet Reliable"

John Donovan

• Administrator
  • Emeritus
  • Other duties as assigned...
    • Probe Software
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 07:49:13 AM »

Hi Anette,
This is now fixed in the latest version and ready to update.

Thanks!
john
John J. Donovan, Pres. 
(541) 343-3400

"Not Absolutely Certain, Yet Reliable"

Anette von der Handt

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
    • UMN Probelab
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 10:46:44 AM »
Thank you for the quick turn around! I updated PFE and will give it a go.
Against the dark, a tall white fountain played.