Author Topic: Minimum step in ProbeImage  (Read 4152 times)

Gareth D Hatton

• Professor
Minimum step in ProbeImage
« on: August 06, 2015, 02:22:50 AM »
I was just looking at the minimum step size for a map in ProbeImage and saw that it is only 0.5 microns.  On the Jeol software it is 0.02.  Is there any way I can change this? I know I could just use beam scan for most things but I like the flexibility  :-\

John Donovan

• Administrator
  • Emeritus
  • Other duties as assigned...
    • Probe Software
Re: Minimum step in ProbeImage
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 06:52:19 AM »
I was just looking at the minimum step size for a map in ProbeImage and saw that it is only 0.5 microns.  On the Jeol software it is 0.02.  Is there any way I can change this? I know I could just use beam scan for most things but I like the flexibility  :-\

Hi Gareth,
Yes of course.

We've already done this for the 8230/8530 stage scans, but no had asked about the 8200/8500 and we just wanted to be sure before we did this. Though as you point out, you'll probably want to use beam scans for scanning such a small step size.

I will ask Brian to change this. How do you like the new version 1.2?
john
John J. Donovan, Pres. 
(541) 343-3400

"Not Absolutely Certain, Yet Reliable"

Gareth D Hatton

• Professor
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 07:03:48 AM »
Version 1.2 is really good.  The auto save takes out the worry of mapping many samples over the weekend and coming in to find that the power went off and you have lost them all.  Also, I do rather like to load the probe up so only displaying the current maps allows me to set up monster runs  ;D  This combind with MAN means that we can now do high throughput quantitative mapping  :)

John Donovan

• Administrator
  • Emeritus
  • Other duties as assigned...
    • Probe Software
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2015, 02:19:51 PM »
Brian modified PI to allow 0.02 um (20 nm) stage scan pixels for JEOL 8200/8500 instruments. Ready to download now.

I'd sure enjoy seeing some stage reproducibility scan tests as described here:

http://probesoftware.com/smf/index.php?topic=44.msg530#msg530
John J. Donovan, Pres. 
(541) 343-3400

"Not Absolutely Certain, Yet Reliable"