Author Topic: SetPHA Parameter error  (Read 2858 times)

gmorgan@ou.edu

SetPHA Parameter error
« on: June 22, 2015, 02:30:05 PM »
John,

I just got 71 points into an automated run, and suddenly the system choked getting an error from
SX100SetPHAParameters (SX100_SetPHA[5])
For some reason the software was unable to set the PHA.
Any idea what can cause this?

Probeman

• Emeritus
  • Never sleeps...
    • John Donovan
Re: SetPHA Parameter error
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 03:25:36 PM »
I just got 71 points into an automated run, and suddenly the system choked getting an error from
SX100SetPHAParameters (SX100_SetPHA[5])
For some reason the software was unable to set the PHA.
Any idea what can cause this?

Yes, a parameter could be "out of range". Did it provide information on what parameter it choked on?

I've never seen this happen before on a normal acquisition, so I'll add some more debug output tonight to help us trap it.

Edit by John: OK, I added extra debug output to capture the PHA parameters if the error occurs again, and it is ready to download now.   Though I want to warn you, that since no one else is reporting this bug (and this set PHA function is issued thousands of times a day) I'm guessing that you have a glitch in your Sx100 hardware.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 06:29:47 PM by John Donovan »
The only stupid question is the one not asked!

gmorgan@ou.edu

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 10:10:44 AM »
I'm guessing it was a "glitch", because it happened for the first time at point 71. After I restarted the remaining points it didn't happen again...

John Donovan

• Administrator
  • Emeritus
  • Other duties as assigned...
    • Probe Software
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 10:38:27 AM »
I'm guessing it was a "glitch", because it happened for the first time at point 71. After I restarted the remaining points it didn't happen again...

Yeah, non deterministic hardware "glitches" are the worst to try and track down.  The latest version contains more debug output if the set PHA error occurs again.

Thanks for the update.
john
John J. Donovan, Pres. 
(541) 343-3400

"Not Absolutely Certain, Yet Reliable"