Author Topic: Run PFE without running Sun workstation  (Read 3955 times)

VincentW

• Student
Run PFE without running Sun workstation
« on: June 26, 2014, 12:23:37 PM »
Hello experts:
The Sun workstation computer in our 8200 probe (W-filament) was shipped back to JEOL for major repair due to hard drive failure.  I am trying to run the PFE program without running Sun computer.  However I can't get HT on through PFE or from GunAlign app. I talked to one of JEOL service engineers.  He said we can't turn HT on without running Sun workstation, because there is no way (no display) to saturate filament emission current.   I am wondering if there is a way we can run the PFE without running Sun computer.

Thanks,
Vincent Wang
Schafer Corp
Vallecitos Laboratory
Sunol, California

John Donovan

• Administrator
  • Emeritus
  • Other duties as assigned...
    • Probe Software
Re: Run PFE without running Sun workstation
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 01:11:55 PM »
Hi Vincent,
I'm working on adding some additional controls to GunAlign so you can "turn on" your high voltage, but I just realized that if you have a column condition file (*.PCC) saved from one of your runs (usually saved to the C:\UserData\ColumnPCCData folder), you can use the Conditions menu in GunAlign to load it to the instrument.

I think that the ACCS command (which turns on the HV) will get sent in that case.

The values for sending the ACCS command are: 0 = off, 1 = on

By the way, one can read the gun status using the Monitor.exe utility as seen here:

Try and see see what state the gun is in first.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 01:28:58 PM by John Donovan »
John J. Donovan, Pres. 
(541) 343-3400

"Not Absolutely Certain, Yet Reliable"