Author Topic: MultiPoint Background question  (Read 548 times)

BenjaminWade

• Professor
MultiPoint Background question
« on: June 08, 2023, 08:28:37 PM »
Hi John
I was trying to process some MPB data today which I haven't done in a while, and was running into an issue I don't think I have encountered before. I don't think I am trying to do anything I haven't done before with MBP data...so not sure if I am doing something wrong.

Below is a sample with three lines of data (Lines 32,33,34). I go to Line 32 and for whatever reason one of the Hi background points needs to be kicked out on Sp4, that's fine, so I select Iterate High 2, tick the flag box for that data point, and hit the "Assign Flags To this Data Line Only".

So then I go to the next data line (line 33) and find that strangely for this data line it has changed Iterate High to 2 for SP4 as well without me doing anything

And its the same if I got to line 34 in that sample, it has also changed Iterate High to 2. The problem becomes that if I then try to change Iterate High back to 3 for either lines 33 or 34 I get the following error message:

It's like the "Assign Flags to This Data Line Only" isn't working? Unless I am doing something stupid which is also very possible.

Cheers

John Donovan

• Administrator
  • Emeritus
  • Other duties as assigned...
    • Probe Software
Re: MultiPoint Background question
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2023, 06:58:14 AM »
I note that I don't see check boxes for the 2nd point in the screen snap, not sure why you think the flag is set. The warning message is related to how many iterate points you can have.

You can send me the MDB file and I can play with it, and we might Zoom if we can figure out a good time for both of us. However, I'm on the road driving up to IUMAS with Mike Matthews so not sure I'll have time to look at this until after I get back.

You might contact one of our other consultants who aren't attending IUMAS, maybe Anette?
John J. Donovan, Pres. 
(541) 343-3400

"Not Absolutely Certain, Yet Reliable"

Anette von der Handt

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
    • UMN Probelab
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2023, 03:44:46 PM »
The MPB dialog currently only allows to set the same number of bkg to iterate for all lines within an unknown and (I think) it has operated like this for a long time. You can set the flags individually for each line within an unknown ("Assign flags to this data line only") but iterate high/low and bkg fit can only be assigned to all lines ("assign fit to selected channel for all lines").

If what you are looking for is to assign different values for the number of iterated bkgs between the different lines of an unknown, I would suggest to use the new function to separate lines in a sample (https://probesoftware.com/smf/index.php?topic=1530.0), at least for now.
Against the dark, a tall white fountain played.

BenjaminWade

• Professor
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2023, 05:14:34 PM »
Hi all
My apologies, sounds like I was definitely remembering it wrong then! For some reason I thought that you could assign it with the flags for individual data lines under the same sample in that data window. Thanks all

Cheers