Author Topic: GMRFilm  (Read 7245 times)

Ben Buse

• Professor
Re: GMRFilm
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2019, 03:43:26 AM »
Hi

This is the code for above routine adapted for windows cmd, using a 32-bit computer. The interesting bit is that GMRFILM date stamps the files with hours as letters. Including minutes. When batching the files, you create multiple results files within a minute, so the script renames files.

Ben

Probing

• Graduate
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2021, 01:26:46 AM »
HELP!2 questions!
1. what does "k-factor" means in GMRFilm? when the standard is pure element, you need input a "k-ratio"; when the standard is compound, the input item becomes "k-factor". so, how to define this "k-factor" here?
2. GMRFilm after all can handle the multi-layer film of which different layers have the same element(s)? if it can, how can I get the k-ratio or k-factor of the element for each layer? if it can't, why telling us in instructions to use "m" or "n" as switch to deal with the situation that there is an element which exists in more than one layer? I am confused.

Mike Matthews

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2021, 10:41:02 AM »
Hopefully someone can confirm but I’m pretty sure ‘k-factor’ is just the GMRFilm term for the k-ratio relative to the amount of element in the compound standard as opposed to a pure element. If you use GMRFilm to calculate k-ratios from known compositions and thicknesses it outputs 2 ‘k-ratio’ values for elements where you’ve declared a compound standard, one ‘compound’ k-ratio and one ‘pure-element’ k-ratio. Hope that makes sense.

Probing

• Graduate
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2021, 05:37:42 PM »
Thanks, Mike

That is to say, the "k-factor" in GMRFilm is equivalent to the "k-raw" or "raw k-ratio" as "Probeman" mentioned in the following post:
https://probesoftware.com/smf/index.php?topic=239.msg9467#msg9467