Author Topic: IP address for JEOL probe and camera  (Read 1538 times)

smontross

• Student
IP address for JEOL probe and camera
« on: July 17, 2018, 04:33:14 PM »
Greetings,
We have a JEOL 8530 F Plus Hyperprobe and I am trying to figure out how to locate the IP address in order to set up communications with our network. The camera is functioning in stand alone mode, however, we are having issues getting it to communicate on our network. I will need these addresses in order for us to eventually set up the instrument for Team Viewer (remote) functioning.

Our IT tech staff has asked me to provide them with two IP addresses; 1) The actual JEOL IP address and the IP address for the camera. The IP addresses I need are not the same ones that I can recall with the Windows Command Prompt while the JEOL software is open.

Any idea would be greatly appreciated.

Scott Montross

Probe321

• Professor
Re: IP address for JEOL probe and camera
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 07:49:17 AM »
What makes this more interesting is when IT logs in, the camera works.  IT claims you and I have administrative privileges on the probe computer, so why does the camera not work when logged into the network?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 08:59:53 AM by John Donovan »

Probeman

• Emeritus
  • Never sleeps...
    • John Donovan
Re: IP address for JEOL probe and camera
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 12:57:11 PM »
What makes this more interesting is when IT logs in, the camera works.  IT claims you and I have administrative privileges on the probe computer, so why does the camera not work when logged into the network?

You definitely need to grab your IT person by the ear and bring them in the lab to show them this.  Once one gets into network domain verification issues, only a professional is going to figure it out.
The only stupid question is the one not asked!