Author Topic: Surfer script for polygon extraction: Has anyone modified it to choose grid file  (Read 638 times)

Anette von der Handt

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
    • UMN Probelab
Hi,

this is a long shot but maybe someone already did the work:

Has anybody created a custom surfer script for polygon extract that lets you select a specific grid file instead of just using whatever was on the first spectrometer in the first pass?

While I do really like the integrated polygon extraction in CalcImage, Surfer still offers me two advantages 1) tiny maps are not a problem as I can zoom in and 2) I can safe my blanking file and re-run it on various map types, always extracting the same polygon.

So I would like to modify the script that I can select the grid file I want to digitize on and then still run the script for averaging.

Has anyone already done this? Or use something else altogether (like ImageJ, QGIS, Python)
Against the dark, a tall white fountain played.

Probeman

• Emeritus
  • Never sleeps...
    • John Donovan
Hi,

this is a long shot but maybe someone already did the work:

Has anybody created a custom surfer script for polygon extract that lets you select a specific grid file instead of just using whatever was on the first spectrometer in the first pass?

While I do really like the integrated polygon extraction in CalcImage, Surfer still offers me two advantages 1) tiny maps are not a problem as I can zoom in and 2) I can save my blanking file and re-run it on various map types, always extracting the same polygon.

So I would like to modify the script that I can select the grid file I want to digitize on and then still run the script for averaging.

Has anyone already done this? Or use something else altogether (like ImageJ, QGIS, Python)

After outputting the .BAS file script from CalcImage, open it in Scripter and edit the line:

DigitizeGRDNum% = 1     ' default is first file (edit as necessary)

for the channel of the GRD file you want to use for polygonizing, slicing, etc.

Then run the script and it should display the specified image for digitizing.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 06:35:56 PM by Probeman »
The only stupid question is the one not asked!