Author Topic: Output raw counts from JEOL EPMA maps  (Read 563 times)

ansaheric

• Student
Output raw counts from JEOL EPMA maps
« on: January 27, 2023, 10:09:56 AM »
Hi All,

Does anyone know how to export raw numerical counts (not color interpretations) from EPMA element maps directly from the JEOL machine or the JEOL EPMA Data viewer software?

Is it possible to have it as a TIFF 32/16 bit with the raw counts or even just the raw counts for the various elements in CSV file format?

The count unit can be in cps/na or counts/msec/uA or any form.

Thank you
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 10:22:57 AM by John Donovan »

Julien

• Professor
  • The truth is out there...
    • Geoloweb - J. Allaz personal website
Re: Output raw counts from JEOL EPMA maps
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2023, 11:30:17 PM »
Hi Ansaheric,

On the PC_EPMA software, locate your map (in the EPMA data) and double click on it. It should open the software "NMap" which is used for processing element maps. Under the menu "File", choose "export", and "numerically...". It opens a side-box with the option to save a file with either one map per line or a matrix. I believe this is what you want. The other export option (Image...) will produce TIF files using whatever colour and level modification you have on your maps.

Best,

Julien

glennpoirier

• Professor
Re: Output raw counts from JEOL EPMA maps
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2023, 08:02:27 AM »
Hi Ansaheric,
There's also a utility called JEOLMapExporter that you can use to batch export 16bit tiff images. It's on my machine, but I don't know if it's installed by default. On my machine its installed in C:\McSAssoc\JEOLMapExporter.

Cheers
Glenn