Author Topic: Latest version changes for Probe Image v. 1.4.6  (Read 20663 times)

John Donovan

• Administrator
  • Emeritus
  • Other duties as assigned...
    • Probe Software
Latest version changes for Probe Image v. 1.4.6
« on: November 21, 2013, 05:39:04 PM »
What's New
==========
Version 1.4.6 - 07-December-2023 - Aurelien Moy
----------------------------
New Features
  - Included an EDSSynchMapName field in the prbimg file to record the synchronized EDS map file name.
  - Included a ProbeImageVersion field in the prbimg file to record the version of Probe Image used to create the file.
  - The prbimg file format version is bumped to 1.3.0 because of the new fields added to file.

Bug Fixes
  - Removed duplication of EDS saving SI data message in verbose mode.
  - Clarified an error message about the image size presets.
  - Corrected a bug in the Bruker plugin where after closing the communication with the DLL, a variable was not set back to 0.

Version 1.4.5 - 06-December-2023 - Aurelien Moy
Bug Fixes
  - Corrected a bug where the naming of the maps was inconsistent when using TDI replicates and/or EDS spectrum acquisition.
  - Renamed the EDS Spectrum Acquisition from "EDS Channel" to "EDS Synchronized Spectrum Acquisition".
  - Display EDS plugin error messages in the log window even if not in verbose mode.
  - The Faraday cup is now retracted after the EDS communication is established.
  - The Faraday cup is now inserted before the EDS communication is terminated.

Version 1.4.4 - 30-November-2023 - Aurelien Moy
New Features
  - Added the Bruker EDS pluggin. EDS files are now stored in the user selected folder.
  - Added a panel in the setup window to enable/disable EDS aquisition for each sample.

Bug Fixes
  - Corrected a bug where PI was crashing when abording an acquisition run.

Version 1.4.3 - 21-November-2023 - Aurelien Moy
New Features
  - Added the Bruker EDS pluggin.

Bug Fixes
  - Switching from Beam scan to Ctr 2pt scan did not conserve the proper X and Y coordinates.
  - Scrolling with the arrow keys in the list of samples was not displayed properly.

Version 1.4.2 - 10-August-2023 - Aurelien Moy
Bug Fixes
  - The caption for the number of replicates is now "Number of TDI Replicates".
  - The alignment of the "Number of TDI Replicates" textbox has been corrected.

Version 1.4.1 - 23-May-2023 - Aurelien Moy
New Features
  - The status bar displays the number of replicates.
  - The sample name cannot end with "_" (suffix underscores are removed from the filename).

Bug Fixes
  - The file name for background maps has been corrected (added "__").
  - Versionning number has been changed.
  - In the property of each map, the position gives the spectrometer position used to acquire the map,
    and the Offset field has been replaced by the map type (on peak, MOFF or POFF).

Version 1.4.0 - 31-Mar-2023 - Aurelien Moy
New Features
  - A replicate number can be set for TDI measurments in the Setup->Acquisition window.
    This value is the number of time the map will be acquired.
   If backgrounds are measured, they will be acquired last.
  - The total acquisition time is now calculated and displayed in the Setup->Acquisition window.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2023, 09:55:16 AM by John Donovan »
John J. Donovan, Pres. 
(541) 343-3400

"Not Absolutely Certain, Yet Reliable"

Mike Spilde

• Post Doc
Re: Latest version changes for Probe Image
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 01:52:18 PM »
John,
How often should one update the Matrix COM server? Should it be down loaded each time I download and update Probe Image?

John Donovan

• Administrator
  • Emeritus
    • Probe Software
Re: Latest version changes for Probe Image
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 03:01:53 PM »
John,
How often should one update the Matrix COM server? Should it be down loaded each time I download and update Probe Image?
The Matrix COM server interface is used for certain configuration information and is pretty static these days.  So I wouldn't worry, but updating it will not hurt.

If I do make a change requiring an update to Matrix, I will post it to the forum very visibly!
John J. Donovan, Pres. 
(541) 343-3400

John Donovan

• Administrator
  • Emeritus
    • Probe Software
Re: Latest version changes for Probe Image v. 1.1.6.1931
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2015, 12:07:22 AM »
Probe Image no longer utilizes the Matrix COM interface. The instrument crystal configuration is now read from the Scalers.dat file in the Probe for EPMA app folder as seen here in the Probe Image Probe Setup dialog:

If you would like to discuss the Matrix COM server itself, for use in accessing all CalcZAF matrix correction physics models, including Penepma derived polynomial alpha factors, please see this board:

http://probesoftware.com/smf/index.php?board=8.0
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 03:54:16 PM by John Donovan »
John J. Donovan, Pres. 
(541) 343-3400

Ben Buse

• Professor
Re: Latest version changes for Probe Image v. 1.2.2.1984
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2015, 01:56:10 AM »
Hi All,

just a note to backup your probe epma directory when installing probe iamge 1.2.2.1984. I installed it last week and it deleted probewin.elm, probewin.pha and scalers.dat files. Fortunatly following one of John's earlier v11 posts i had backed up the Probe for Epma directory and was able to copy them back in.

Ben

John Donovan

• Administrator
  • Emeritus
    • Probe Software
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2015, 07:57:32 AM »
Hi All,

just a note to backup your probe epma directory when installing probe iamge 1.2.2.1984. I installed it last week and it deleted probewin.elm, probewin.pha and scalers.dat files. Fortunatly following one of John's earlier v11 posts i had backed up the Probe for Epma directory and was able to copy them back in.

Ben

Hi Ben,
I don't think it deleted them, it just didn't find them in the folder it was expecting them in.  Remember PFE moves those files in the old PFE folder to the new PFE folder: C:\ProgramData\Probe Software\Probe for EPMA.

In Probe Image, if you check your Default Paths section under the Setup | Probe Image Setup menu dialog, you should change the .ELM, .PHA and SCALERS.DAT paths to:

C:\ProgramData\Probe Software\Probe for EPMA.

john
John J. Donovan, Pres. 
(541) 343-3400

Ben Buse

• Professor
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2015, 05:13:02 AM »
Hi John,

I understand now you've split the program into two parts part of which goes in program files directory and part of which goes in program data directory - so for these files it now needs to look in program data directory.

Thanks

Ben

John Donovan

• Administrator
  • Emeritus
    • Probe Software
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2015, 08:44:34 AM »
Hi John,

I understand now you've split the program into two parts part of which goes in program files directory and part of which goes in program data directory - so for these files it now needs to look in program data directory.

Thanks

Ben

That's how Microsoft wants it!
john
John J. Donovan, Pres. 
(541) 343-3400

Gseward

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2015, 01:54:59 PM »
I note that PI has some bugs when using Concatenate Image | Mosaic. (GRD files)

I have a 3x3 grid of images. If I add the first 3 images in X direction (0,0) (1,0) (2,0)  PI will mosaic the images. If I add the second row (0,1) (1,1) (2,1) and try to mosaic the 2x3 grid, PI will stop working with message "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly" etc.

I thought I had read that this was fixed, but since this is version 1.2.2.1984, doublethink will be applied.

Gareth

John Donovan

• Administrator
  • Emeritus
    • Probe Software
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2015, 02:24:04 PM »
I note that PI has some bugs when using Concatenate Image | Mosaic. (GRD files)

I have a 3x3 grid of images. If I add the first 3 images in X direction (0,0) (1,0) (2,0)  PI will mosaic the images. If I add the second row (0,1) (1,1) (2,1) and try to mosaic the 2x3 grid, PI will stop working with message "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly" etc.

I thought I had read that this was fixed, but since this is version 1.2.2.1984, doublethink will be applied.

Gareth

Hi Gareth,
I thought so too. 

Can you send Brian the images as a ZIP and cc me also?

In the meantime just use Surfer to concatenate them...
john
John J. Donovan, Pres. 
(541) 343-3400

Malcolm Roberts

• Professor
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2015, 04:56:43 PM »
Hi John
Can PI be updated to include the pixel dimension used in a run to the information on beam I, dwell time and etc. I can get at this the long way around, but as we are specifying this during the run set up, it would be good to have this attribute added to the information.
Cheers,
malc.

Probeman

• Emeritus
  • Never sleeps...
    • John Donovan
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2015, 05:04:39 PM »
Hi John
Can PI be updated to include the pixel dimension used in a run to the information on beam I, dwell time and etc. I can get at this the long way around, but as we are specifying this during the run set up, it would be good to have this attribute added to the information.
Cheers,
malc.

Brian is adding this information to the PrbImg file as we speak...   ;D
The only stupid question is the one not asked!

John Donovan

• Administrator
  • Emeritus
    • Probe Software
Re: Latest version changes for Probe Image v. 1.2.3.2010
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2016, 10:00:27 PM »
The latest version of Probe Image now allows the user to specify beam current (in addition to keV and beam size) for each x-ray map acquisition sample for Cameca SX100/SXFive and JEOL 8230/8530 instruments.

Thanks to Philippe Pinard for his 8230/8530 help on this.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 12:31:01 PM by John Donovan »
John J. Donovan, Pres. 
(541) 343-3400

John Donovan

• Administrator
  • Emeritus
    • Probe Software
Re: Latest version changes for Probe Image v. 1.3.5.2115
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2017, 10:23:15 AM »
The latest Probe Image has improved code and a simpler GUI for setting the beam mode for JEOL 8900 instruments.

Download from here:

http://probesoftware.com/Update.html

If you need assistance please contact Probe Software.
john
John J. Donovan, Pres. 
(541) 343-3400

John Donovan

• Administrator
  • Emeritus
    • Probe Software
Re: Latest version changes for Probe Image v. 1.3.6.2132
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2019, 10:05:55 AM »
Hi all,

Glenn Poirier and Gareth Seward have been working with Brian Gaynor testing the new crystal flipping code in Probe Image and it all seems to work now. This update should only affect JEOL 8230/8530 and Cameca users with large area crystals, that need to flip crystals before or during x-ray map acquisition in Probe Image.

Yes, normally one should probably not flip crystals just prior to acquiring quantitative x-ray maps, but it could happen, so we wanted to get that fixed.

Basically we needed to add a delay between sending the flip crystal command and when we start checking the crystal flip status for the new JEOL instruments, and for Cameca instruments, we didn't have the correct indexing for large area crystals (yes- it's different!).  It's always worked in PFE, but somehow we overlooked that in PI.

If you have Probe Image please feel free to download this latest installer using the download link here:

https://probesoftware.com/ftp/PI-Update.zip

john
John J. Donovan, Pres. 
(541) 343-3400