Author Topic: SX100 Vacuum logic  (Read 4278 times)

Gseward

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
SX100 Vacuum logic
« on: October 15, 2014, 09:44:38 AM »
Dear All,
If I leave my instrument in the wrong gun valve position for longer than an hour or so (e.g. instrument in 3 and softwre calling for 2), Peaksight and/or the hardware locks-up and I cannot use the instrument. The only solution I can find is to reset the electronics. This is very irritating. Does anyone have a the same issue? an explanation? a solution? or less aggressive method of recovery?

Gareth

Probeman

• Emeritus
  • Never sleeps...
    • John Donovan
Re: SX100 Vacuum logic
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 11:01:49 AM »
If I leave my instrument in the wrong gun valve position for longer than an hour or so (e.g. instrument in 3 and softwre calling for 2), Peaksight and/or the hardware locks-up and I cannot use the instrument. The only solution I can find is to reset the electronics. This is very irritating. Does anyone have a the same issue? an explanation? a solution? or less aggressive method of recovery?

Our lab may also have seen this. Julie will have to confirm.
The only stupid question is the one not asked!

Gseward

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
Re: SX100 Vacuum logic
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2020, 02:23:21 PM »
I came across this whilst looking for something else!
as a follow-up:

Pausing the communication between PFE applications and the SX100 will dramatically reduce the occurence of Vaccum logic 'lock-up'. I typically have Stage.exe and probewin.exe running, so I click the Pause button in the bottom right of the log windows for both applications.

On occasion I have also seen a Vacuum logic lock-up with no PS applications running. This would typically be if the gun valve was left in position 1, e.g. for several hrs, when position three was being requested (damn that non-automated valve).

A 'slightly' less aggressive reset (than turning off the electronics) can be achieved by using a Telnet connection to the PowerPC to force a reboot. The source will still be turned off, but the restart takes a little less time than a full reset.