Author Topic: Startwin "do not set conditions" behaviour  (Read 3610 times)

Karsten Goemann

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
Startwin "do not set conditions" behaviour
« on: September 26, 2017, 10:39:20 PM »
I've been using Startwin a bit recently for performance testing, dead time measurements etc on our new JEOL 8530F Plus.

It is nice that it does have a "do not set conditions" option if for example I just want to check something quickly at a higher beam current / higher count rate. But currently the "do not set conditions" flag only seems to apply to counting, not to peaking and PHA acquisitions.  Is this by design? If not, could it be changed to also apply to operations like peaking and PHA/bias scans?

John Donovan

• Administrator
  • Emeritus
  • Other duties as assigned...
    • Probe Software
Re: Startwin "do not set conditions" behaviour
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 08:08:38 AM »
I've been using Startwin a bit recently for performance testing, dead time measurements etc on our new JEOL 8530F Plus.

It is nice that it does have a "do not set conditions" option if for example I just want to check something quickly at a higher beam current / higher count rate. But currently the "do not set conditions" flag only seems to apply to counting, not to peaking and PHA acquisitions.  Is this by design? If not, could it be changed to also apply to operations like peaking and PHA/bias scans?

Hi Karsten,
We should be able to do that for you.  I'll let you know.
john
John J. Donovan, Pres. 
(541) 343-3400

"Not Absolutely Certain, Yet Reliable"

John Donovan

• Administrator
  • Emeritus
  • Other duties as assigned...
    • Probe Software
Re: Startwin "do not set conditions" behaviour
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 04:39:10 PM »

Hi Karsten,
The latest update of PFE has Startwin now respecting the "do not send conditions" menu for PHA and peaking scans.
john
John J. Donovan, Pres. 
(541) 343-3400

"Not Absolutely Certain, Yet Reliable"