Author Topic: Picture Snap-Digitize Unknown Positions-Cannot 'turn off' some unknown samples  (Read 3792 times)

SXFiveFEJohn

• Post Doc
What I want to do: display only a subset (say for now, one) of my traverse points on a picture snap image. Cannot figure out how to 'turn off' all but the one unknown sample (which is a traverse, a set of points)

I have loaded an image (jpg) in PictureSnap. When I select Display Acquired Unknown Positions in PictureSnap, it displays ALL acquired positions. Fine. But I only want to display one traverse. So I "turn off" (disable) all but the one traverse in the Sample List in Analyze!
But all the positions still show up. OK. Try something else. In Picture Snap-> Display, I select  the bottom option Display ....Selected Position Samples Only. ...Still, either None display, or all displayed.  OK. Now I notice under Run, at bottom, another option--Skip Deleted Points on Picture Snap...still doesn't help, all the points are shown.  Is there some other way to ONLY display a certain position or traverse in Picture Snap?

Probeman

• Emeritus
  • Never sleeps...
    • John Donovan
What I want to do: display only a subset (say for now, one) of my traverse points on a picture snap image. Cannot figure out how to 'turn off' all but the one unknown sample (which is a traverse, a set of points)

I have loaded an image (jpg) in PictureSnap. When I select Display Acquired Unknown Positions in PictureSnap, it displays ALL acquired positions. Fine. But I only want to display one traverse. So I "turn off" (disable) all but the one traverse in the Sample List in Analyze!
But all the positions still show up. OK. Try something else. In Picture Snap-> Display, I select  the bottom option Display ....Selected Position Samples Only. ...Still, either None display, or all displayed.  OK. Now I notice under Run, at bottom, another option--Skip Deleted Points on Picture Snap...still doesn't help, all the points are shown.  Is there some other way to ONLY display a certain position or traverse in Picture Snap?

Hi John,
It works perfectly fine.   Here is PictureSnap displaying all the unknown digitized positions :

Here is PictureSnap displaying only the selected digitized positions:

It works as described for digitized positions, all or just the selected position samples in the Automate! window.

If you are using PictureSnap to display your already acquired positions, you must use the menu items listed in the Run menu under the PictureSnap menu.  The choices are load all standard, unknown or wavescan positions and these menus will display the already acquired positions in the Analyze! window. 

If you only want to display unknown positions for a single unknown, you could disable all the other unknowns and click the the Skip Deleted Points On PictureSnap or...  what I would do would be to use the Run Display, Annotate, Export Analog Signal Images from the Run menu.  Then you can select a specific sample to display your traverse points.
john
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 09:57:13 PM by John Donovan »
The only stupid question is the one not asked!