Author Topic: Questions about Drift app  (Read 1988 times)

Karsten Goemann

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
Questions about Drift app
« on: December 06, 2018, 08:11:59 PM »
The Drift app is a great little tool to monitor changes in standard intensities, peak positions, detector biases.... over time.

I've got a few questions:

1. Is there any way of extracting averages and %RSD for the measured standard _sets_ rather than having every single measurement line reported? I can obviously do that afterwards in Excel or something like that, but by now some of my frequently used standards have many hundreds of entries.

2. Also, is it possible to "decouple" the filter tick boxes for motor/crystal and keV/Standard? Sometimes I'm searching specific calibrations for say Ti on PET but am not too concerned about on which spectrometer, or I want to check if a specific standard has ever been used but don't want to fix the kV....

3. Currently, standard intensities which have been reloaded into additional data .MDBs via File Setup are reported as additional lines (with all values identical including date except for the filename). Is there a way to automatically skip these duplicates, e.g. only report each first occurrence?

Cheers,
Karsten

John Donovan

• Administrator
  • Emeritus
  • Other duties as assigned...
    • Probe Software
Re: Questions about Drift app
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 08:47:57 PM »
The Drift app is a great little tool to monitor changes in standard intensities, peak positions, detector biases.... over time.

I've got a few questions:

1. Is there any way of extracting averages and %RSD for the measured standard _sets_ rather than having every single measurement line reported? I can obviously do that afterwards in Excel or something like that, but by now some of my frequently used standards have many hundreds of entries.

2. Also, is it possible to "decouple" the filter tick boxes for motor/crystal and keV/Standard? Sometimes I'm searching specific calibrations for say Ti on PET but am not too concerned about on which spectrometer, or I want to check if a specific standard has ever been used but don't want to fix the kV....

3. Currently, standard intensities which have been reloaded into additional data .MDBs via File Setup are reported as additional lines (with all values identical including date except for the filename). Is there a way to automatically skip these duplicates, e.g. only report each first occurrence?

Cheers,
Karsten

Hi Karsten,
Thanks.

Anything is possible, but I would have assumed that doing this in Excel would be pretty easy.

We'll add it to the list but there are some other things that take priority at the moment.  We're currently working on a line profile extraction method for quant x-ray maps in CalcImage.
john
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 10:27:29 PM by John Donovan »
John J. Donovan, Pres. 
(541) 343-3400

"Not Absolutely Certain, Yet Reliable"