Author Topic: Deleting a standard acquisition line in Analyze--a bug or not?  (Read 4034 times)

D.

• Professor
Dear John,

I'm using PFE for offline data processing. I assigned anorthite as an Al std. When I delete the 1st line of several anorthite standard acquisitions, the software appears to take that line's Al data + total and substitute it into the following (undeleted) line. So in effect it seems to be combining the 1st and 2nd line's data under the 2nd line's number. I attach a screen shot compilation to illustrate what I mean (if it doesn't attach, I'll try posting it separately). The image compares undeleted vs deleted instances.

When I delete the 2nd line but keep the 1st, this does not happen.

Is this a bug, or is there something I'm missing in how the software performs it's routines?

Thanks,
Deon.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 07:57:25 AM by John Donovan »

John Donovan

• Administrator
  • Emeritus
  • Other duties as assigned...
    • Probe Software
Re: Deleting a standard acquisition line in Analyze--a bug or not?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 09:17:58 AM »
Hi Deon,
Ok, I think I see your misunderstanding.  Remember the standards are "forced"  to be the standard database concentrations if they are assigned as the primary standard for that element. 

So if you delete a point from a standard, that will affect the value that the program iterates a standard to because the program uses the *average* of all the points of the standard sample for the standard intensity.  If you delete a point from the standard, the remaining points are re-averaged and utilized again. This doesn't occur for unknowns. 

Does that make sense?

« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 07:57:38 AM by John Donovan »
John J. Donovan, Pres. 
(541) 343-3400

"Not Absolutely Certain, Yet Reliable"

D.

• Professor
Re: Deleting a standard acquisition line in Analyze--a bug or not?
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 10:24:24 PM »
Yep. Thank you.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 07:57:55 AM by John Donovan »