Author Topic: Data output: high and low background intensities  (Read 2665 times)

Doug_Meier

• Post Doc
Data output: high and low background intensities
« on: May 01, 2017, 07:47:19 AM »
I've been asked by a client to report the high and low background intensity separately (not the interpolated off-peak count) along with the on-peak count. Does that information exist in the collected data, and can it be extracted in some way?

Thanks,

Doug

John Donovan

• Administrator
  • Emeritus
  • Other duties as assigned...
    • Probe Software
Re: Data output: high and low background intensities
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 08:26:00 AM »
I've been asked by a client to report the high and low background intensity separately (not the interpolated off-peak count) along with the on-peak count. Does that information exist in the collected data, and can it be extracted in some way?

Hi Doug,
You can see all the raw intensities in the log window by using the Data button from the Analyze! window.  Or just by double-clicking the sample in the sample list.  To see even more details check the DebugMode menu in the Output menu first.

For file output of the raw On, Hi and Lo intensities, you'll want to utilize the "NIST" output format from the Output | Save Custom Analysis Output menu.
john
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 09:22:05 AM by John Donovan »
John J. Donovan, Pres. 
(541) 343-3400

"Not Absolutely Certain, Yet Reliable"

emma_fisi

• Professor
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 03:26:14 PM »
Hi John,

We just had the same request from a user, so we used the NIST output. We got the data we need, but I was wondering abut the title of one of the columns. RAWONCNT, RAWHICNT and RAWLOCNT I understand, but what is RAWOFCNT?

Thanks,
Em

John Donovan

• Administrator
  • Emeritus
  • Other duties as assigned...
    • Probe Software
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 03:30:22 PM »
We just had the same request from a user, so we used the NIST output. We got the data we need, but I was wondering abut the title of one of the columns. RAWONCNT, RAWHICNT and RAWLOCNT I understand, but what is RAWOFCNT?

Hi Emma,
That's just the interpolated off-peak intensities, expressed in raw counts.
john
John J. Donovan, Pres. 
(541) 343-3400

"Not Absolutely Certain, Yet Reliable"