Author Topic: Oxford INCA  (Read 2230 times)

Probe321

• Professor
Oxford INCA
« on: March 15, 2019, 09:01:51 AM »
Started Oxford INCA in standalone mode (multi user license) and when INCA was loading got a popup window that says wait till Probe for EPMA to install.  Why would INCA want to load Probe for EPMA?  I need to analyze some old Oxford wave data that was acquired before the JEOL 8530f+ microprobe was installed.  Any ideas why INCA would want to install Probe for EPMA functions?

John Donovan

• Administrator
  • Emeritus
  • Other duties as assigned...
    • Probe Software
Re: Oxford INCA
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 09:33:44 AM »
Started Oxford INCA in standalone mode (multi user license) and when INCA was loading got a popup window that says wait till Probe for EPMA to install.  Why would INCA want to load Probe for EPMA?  I need to analyze some old Oxford wave data that was acquired before the JEOL 8530f+ microprobe was installed.  Any ideas why INCA would want to install Probe for EPMA functions?

Hi Keith,
Can I have some of what you're smoking?   ;)   Seriously I have absolutely no idea.  Better contact Oxford if you can find someone there that remembers that far back!

It is true that *over* 20 years ago at UC Berkeley we did discuss with Oxford the possibility of interfacing to their INCA software for integrated WDS and EDS acquisition, but it never went anywhere because they compiled INCA to 16 bit and we were already compiling our code using a 32 bit compiler.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 09:37:15 AM by John Donovan »
John J. Donovan, Pres. 
(541) 343-3400

"Not Absolutely Certain, Yet Reliable"

Probe321

• Professor
Re: Oxford INCA
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 10:00:57 AM »
Oxford advises that this is a "feature" of the INCA software when it shares a network server with other network licenses.  Not sure if Oxford Aztec software has the same added feature.