Author Topic: inca eds ipj file  (Read 7443 times)

nlamine6

• Student
    • www.cdta.dz
inca eds ipj file
« on: February 13, 2016, 11:14:41 AM »
hello

Does any body know a tool/library for opening the Oxford Inca EDS project files (.ipj)? or to convert it  to an open eds file

best and kind regards
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 01:20:22 AM by nlamine6 »
“When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains,however impossible, must be the Truth.”
Sherlock Holmes-Arthur Conan Doyle (1859-1930, écrivain écossais)

Mike Matthews

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
Re: inca eds ipj file
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 10:31:35 PM »
I'm afraid I can't give you the answer you want - I don't know if any such third party software, and from the lack of other replies, no-one else does either. Oxford do have a batch export utility that'll just spit out all the results from a project. It's been a while since I used it so I can't remember if you get any options about what/how it gets saved. Are you asking because you don't have any or just not easy access to INCA? If it's the latter the only solution I can offer is to book some time on the instrument to extract your data. INCA will export individual spectra to an EMSA format, which is openable in a text editor or spreadsheet software like Excel. Otherwise you're going to have to find someone you can send the project file to who can batch export it for you.

An extra note of caution with INCA, it doesn't save any quantified data, only the intensity values. Every time you re-look at the data the quantification gets run again. This is not a problem if you've just used the default 'standardless' standards. However, if you've calibrated against any of your own standards THESE CALIBRATIONS ARE NOT STORED OR TRANSFERRED WITH THE INCA PROJECT FILE. So, when you open the project on another instrument or an off-line copy of the software you'll get different quant results because the software will just revert to the standardless standards - and it won't tell you it's done this! You can get round this by storing the standards file and transferring that along with your project file.

Mike