Author Topic: Important Update for CalcZAF/Penepma GUI  (Read 5119 times)

Probeman

• Emeritus
  • Never sleeps...
    • John Donovan
Important Update for CalcZAF/Penepma GUI
« on: November 12, 2014, 02:53:26 PM »
I have modified the Penepma 2012 GUI for Penfluor/Fanal (for fast calculation of matrix and secondary fluorescence effects) to automatically save the Penfluor.in input file to the .PAR file name.

The reason for this is to allow the Fanal GUI code to check the minimum electron/photon energy energy that was specified for the calculation of the .PAR file (not to mention that one can also check the Monte-Carlo simulation time for each of the 10 incident electron energies). This is to insure that modeling of emission lines with edge energies, below the default 1 keV minimum electron/photon energy, are properly flagged if the .par file was not calculated to the required minimum energy.

I have updated all the existing .PAR file folders and ZIP files, so you should download the latest Penepma12.zip file here:

http://www.probesoftware.com/download/PENEPMA12.ZIP

when you get a chance, and extract it to your Penepma user data folder (usually C:\UserData\Penepma12).

I will also (probably this weekend) add a Penepma update menu to CalcZAF to make this more automatic.

In the meantime, this is what your new Penfluor sub folders should look like once they are updated for the newly generated .IN files for each .PAR file:

« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 09:18:08 PM by John Donovan »
The only stupid question is the one not asked!

Probeman

• Emeritus
  • Never sleeps...
    • John Donovan
Re: Important Update for CalcZAF/Penepma GUI
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 04:53:04 PM »
I will also (probably this weekend) add a Penepma update menu to CalcZAF to make this more automatic.
Ok, I was able to implement the new Update Penepma code from the existing CalcZAF/Probe for EPMA Help | Update menus.

This is what you will see:

I have tested it, but I would appreciate any reports on how it works for you all.
john
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 09:43:45 AM by Probeman »
The only stupid question is the one not asked!