Author Topic: "Status Complete" not achieved  (Read 37 times)

wrigke

  • Professor
  • ****
  • Posts: 30
"Status Complete" not achieved
« on: September 11, 2017, 02:40:01 pm »
In measuring points using PFE, I keep getting the following error, "counting time on spectro 2 is complete but the instrument has not returned a status complete after 300 seconds".  Thereafter the software hangs waiting for a "status complete" that doesn't arrive.  I have not seen this error before, but I have seen other time out errors relating to dirty spectrometers.  Is this a similar issue?  How do I fix it?

Karen

John Donovan

  • Administrator
  • Emeritus
  • *****
  • Posts: 1928
  • Other duties as assigned...
    • Probe Software
Re: "Status Complete" not achieved
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 03:11:56 pm »
In measuring points using PFE, I keep getting the following error, "counting time on spectro 2 is complete but the instrument has not returned a status complete after 300 seconds".  Thereafter the software hangs waiting for a "status complete" that doesn't arrive.  I have not seen this error before, but I have seen other time out errors relating to dirty spectrometers.  Is this a similar issue?  How do I fix it?

Karen

Hi Karen,
Yes, this probably means you need to have the instrument/spectrometer serviced. Did you try just re-booting the instrument?  I've found that I have to re-start my instrument every three months or so because it gets "twitchy".

PFE is very careful and doesn't assume things (like some other software packages!).  If the instrument doesn't report that it was successful in the requested command, it lets you know.
john
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 03:13:37 pm by John Donovan »
John J. Donovan, Pres. 
(541) 343-3400

"Not Absolutely Certain, Yet Reliable"

wrigke

  • Professor
  • ****
  • Posts: 30
Re: "Status Complete" not achieved
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 12:44:42 pm »
Hi John,

Yes, the electronics needed to be rebooted.  For some reason Spectro 2 was unresponsive while the others were working fine.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Karen