Author Topic: Working JEOL 8600 for sale  (Read 690 times)

Bart Cannon

• Student
Working JEOL 8600 for sale
« on: July 07, 2016, 05:07:14 am »
I'm new to this group, but I've been inserting gun filaments since 1984, and my liver contains 50 ppm Santovac 5.

I recently bought a 5 spectrometer 8600, and three days later learned of a better one that I wish I had bought.
It also has 5 WDS modules plus an EDS system and Geller stage and spectrometer automation and analysis.  It has digital image acquisition, and the whole thing runs in Windows XP.

The price is $15,000 and it is fully functional.  The seller, Peter Mcswiggen was hoping to have it moved out of his lab in Minneapolis by the end of July.  If it isn't sold it will be parted out.  I feel that would be kind of a crime since there must be an institution that could use a fully functional probe at that price.

If it does get parted out, I think the stage and spectrometers for the JXA 733 and the 8600 are identical.

Peter McSwiggen teaches use of JEOL probes for JEOL.  His website is www.mcswiggen.com

~bart cannon

John Donovan

• Administrator
  • Emeritus
  • Other duties as assigned...
    • Probe Software
Re: Working JEOL 8600 for sale
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 08:48:12 am »
It also has 5 WDS modules plus an EDS system and Geller stage and spectrometer automation and analysis.  It has digital image acquisition, and the whole thing runs in Windows XP.

The price is $15,000 and it is fully functional.  The seller, Peter Mcswiggen was hoping to have it moved out of his lab in Minneapolis by the end of July.  If it isn't sold it will be parted out.  I feel that would be kind of a crime since there must be an institution that could use a fully functional probe at that price.

Just as an aside I should mention that v. 9.x of the Probe for EPMA software will also operate this instrument via a single serial cable using the TRACOR PAC interface.  However, that is the last version of PFE to support the old TRACOR serial interface.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 11:54:34 am by John Donovan »
John J. Donovan, Pres. 
(541) 343-3400

"Not Absolutely Certain, Yet Reliable"